Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD camcorder problem :(

• 24-04-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Samsung VP-DC161 DVD Camcorder. When I try to finalise a -RW dvd I get a 'Disk error' message and am unable to finalise the disk. I need to get my recording onto my PC for editing. Does anyone know how to bye-pass the DVD method and connect the player directly to my PC. I am not very confident. Its a very important recording :(

Sad Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

From what you're saying, I presume you're trying to capture the footage from the disc and save it on your computer?

I'm not too up on DVDcams, and I'm on dialup so I can't look to far, but I do know that DVDcams usually write discs that you can watch straight away on your telly in the dvd player, which means it doesn't capture in uncompressed avi format, but .VOB format instead (it's just the standard dvd file, the format all movies come in on commercial dvds). You should have gotten a host of different cables with the camera, AV, S video maybe, RCA, and probably a plain old USB lead as well. This is the way you want to connect the camera to the 'puter to capture footage for editing.
    Did the camera come with a handy cradle for connecting all the cables to?

But as I type, the thought occurred to me, if the footage doesn't need to be edited at all, you can just use DVD decryptor or DVD shrink to copy the disc on to the computer.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement