Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault on UTV line

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Who do I report a fault on my landline, It is with UTV for Line rental. I can't find any contact number for them for faults. I assume Eircom won't want to know me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Who do I report Faults to?
    Faults can be reported to our customer services centre on 1890 927 111 who are available at the following times:
    Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm.
    Faults can occur on the UTV Talk network, another operator`s network, or on the telephone used by you or the person you are trying to call. If the fault is reported during normal working hours, we will try to establish the location of the fault. We may request that you carry out some simple checks to help us establish the cause of the fault.
    Repairing faults on our network is part of the maintenance cover we provide with our service. If the fault is not on our network then we may not be responsible for its repair. If the fault is on the Eircom network then you may need to report this fault to Eircom directly. To report a Eircom fault call Eircom on 0800 800 151.
    Quick Link - http://u.tv/talk/search.asp?faqid=92

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not surprising that UTV give out rubbish advice. If you ring eircom to report a fault, good luck in getting anyone to listen to you (let alone log the fault). They will simply tell you that it must be logged via UTV. Also UTV give BT's number as eircom's fault line (should make for an interesting conversation).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

UTV don't actually have any telephony infrastructure of their own. The entire thing is subcontracted to cable and wireless so, I'm not sure that they would have any major ability to do anything other than email C&W !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Are there comreg rules on this at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Eircom won't speak to you at all if you phone them and will refer you straight back to UTV.

If you ring BT you'll more than likely get put on hold for 4 hours then laughed at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see their site says you must contact Eircom direct. :eek:

Anyways the fault fixed itself this morning just before I was about to ring UTV. What a stroke of luck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Bond-007 wrote:
    I see their site says you must contact Eircom direct. :eek:

Anyways the fault fixed itself this morning just before I was about to ring UTV. What a stroke of luck.

It would seem logical that the first port of call would be UTV - presumably there is a structured way for them to liaise with Eircom.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yes you contact UTV over their Tech Support line. They lodge the fault with Eircom and have access through some sort of web gateway to monitor any updates from Eircom. UTV tell Eircom, Eircom rarley do the job without a fight.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

He who gets the line rental deals with the complaint....so if you pay UTV line-rental you report it to them and they have to deal with eircom etc.

Advertisement