Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SIM change of ownership

• 24-04-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

I have a vodafone sim card that i would like to change to ownership of.Is this possible as i cant do it online.
    I have sold the sim card, do vodafone mind about that or not.

Any suggestions are welcome.If someone works in vodafone that would be a great help.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ring them and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ring them and ask?

i will them but i just want to find out, do they mind if i sell the sim card to someone.id rather get some comments here before i call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Technically the SIM remains the property of the Network and they could ask you to return it to them if you leave the network but this never happens.

I would imagine they would take a dim view of people selling on their SIMs so perhaps you should say that you are GIVING it to your friend as a present as he/she can never remember their number and this is an easy number to remember.

Was it a golden number gotten through Vodafone or just a lucky coincidence ?(Reason I ask is that I know they have taken back golden numbers in the past when staff left and wanted to port their number to another network as the numbers are valuable for PR etc to give to customers).

Technically the SIM remains the property of the Network and they could ask you to return it to them if you leave the network but this never happens.

I would imagine they would take a dim view of people selling on their SIMs so perhaps you should say that you are GIVING it to your friend as a present as he/she can never remember their number and this is an easy number to remember.

Was it a golden number gotten through Vodafone or just a lucky coincidence ?(Reason I ask is that I know they have taken back golden numbers in the past when staff left and wanted to port their number to another network as the numbers are valuable for PR etc to give to customers).

Thanks, it is the golden number im transferring.thats a really good excuse.I might just say that.It wasnt got through vodafone directly it was through a friend

So does anyone work for vodafone that can help me in this matter or will i just have to call them.

• Advertisement

if you're worried that they won't let you, ring up and ask but but tell them who you are

if you're worried that they won't let you, ring up and ask but but tell them who you are

Yep seriously thats my own worry.Otherwise i have nothing to hide.its a legit sim card.I will ring them this week and see what they say.

drdre wrote:
    Yep seriously thats my own worry.Otherwise i have nothing to hide.its a legit sim card.I will ring them this week and see what they say.
    sorry meant to say don't tell them who you are :D they might ask for your phone number but just ask your question and don't give it. if they won't tell you without giving a number and you really don't want to give it, buy a sim card for a tenner and give them that number

sorry meant to say don't tell them who you are :D they might ask for your phone number but just ask your question and don't give it. if they won't tell you without giving a number and you really don't want to give it, buy a sim card for a tenner and give them that number

I will ring them and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Your local Friendly Vodafone agent is capable of changing the details using his V connect portal.. You'll need all the details for the new owner..
    its quite easily done..

• Advertisement

JohnnieM wrote:
    Your local Friendly Vodafone agent is capable of changing the details using his V connect portal.. You'll need all the details for the new owner..
    its quite easily done..

Perfect, so i just bring the details into the shop and its done.Will i need a copy of passport or anything.Its a pay as you go sim card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can also do it over the phone. Give your details and then give the new owners details.

ciaranfo wrote:
    You can also do it over the phone. Give your details and then give the new owners details.

Thanks, i will get it done at the weekend.I only realised now that i know someone that can do it for me.
    Thanks for the help guys

Advertisement