Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not picking up dog droppings

Options
  • 25-04-2007 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Could people please stop pulling over to yell at me for not picking up dog droppings between Blacklion and the harbour?

If there were anywhere near enough bins I would use them but having to carry a bag of sh1t for 20 mins through a busy town is a bit... ermm... :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Walk faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Could people please stop pulling over to yell at me for not picking up dog droppings between Blacklion and the harbour?

If there were anywhere near enough bins I would use them but having to carry a bag of sh1t for 20 mins through a busy town is a bit... ermm... :o

maybe you could just stamp on the turd and then carry it around on your shoe, like the next person to come along will end up inadvertently doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

your excuse for not picking up your god sh1t is because you have to carry it for a few minutes?

there's a bin outside the school, there's a bin outside centra, there's a bin outside the real estate agents at the bus stop and there's a bin outside the chipper at the harbour.

There's plenty of bins around, its your dog and your responsability.
    22.—(1) Where faeces has been deposited by a dog in any place to which this subsection applies, the person in charge of the dog shall immediately remove the faeces and shall ensure that it is properly disposed of in a suitable sanitary manner.

(2) Subsection (1) applies to a place that is—

( a ) a public road,
    ( b ) land forming part of a retail shopping centre,
    ( c ) a school ground, sports ground, playing field or recreational or leisure area,
    ( d ) a beach,
    ( e ) the curtilage of a dwelling the occupier of which has not consented to the presence of the dog in the curtilage, or
    ( f ) such other place as may be prescribed.
    (3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of—

( a ) a guide dog kept and used for the guidance of a blind person,
    ( b ) a working dog being used—
    (i) for the herding of livestock, or
    (ii) by a member of the Garda Síochána or the Customs and Excise service in connection with the official functions of the member, or
    ( c ) a dog in such other circumstances as may be prescribed.
    (4) A person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.

Penalties associate with dog fouling:
    Fines:
    Owners/handlers who do not dispose of dog faeces in a responsible manner may receive an on-the-spot fine of 125.00 euro.

Penalty:
    Failure to pay on-the-spot fines can lead to prosecution in District Court with a maximum fine of 1904.61 euro and/or 3 months imprisonment

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm locking this because the OP is not going to get much sympathy because he can't pick up his own dog's shìt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Would have been nice to make a point before my thread got closed :rolleyes:

I do walk fairly quickly, and I do pick it up. I then get fed up of people pulling over to point and laugh and throw it in the back of a ditch, where it's hardly going to effect anyone. At least I make an effort to get it off the middle of the footpath, which very few people even consider.

The bin near the estate agent and the bin outside Kevin's are long gone, and Joe Sweeney asked me not to use his for dog droppings :cool:.

Yes, it's my responsibility to clean up after the dog. It's also the council's responsibility to place more bins - it's not my fault scumbags are constantly setting them on fire (ever heard of metal, no?).

And if you've got a problem with stepping in droppings you should watch where you're walking :rolleyes: It's not my problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Your point's made. merging this with the original (and still closed) thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement