Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bokurano

Options
  • 25-04-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

for anyone who has been reading this manga and doesn't know the anime has just started showing. i've only seen the first episode, only two out at present, but its seems to be exactly on track with the manga.

it's been produced by studio gonzo, who have made some of my favourite anime. they have a fairly decent pedigree for mecha series, the studios founders worked on evangelion. this is actually one of the first series where i hope that they will pad out some of the characters, as in the manga i thought some of them were undeveloped.

this is one of the best manga i have read in a while. the characters have real problems to deal with, not fluffy crap that you would find in the likes of digimon or its ilk.

i would recommend this for anyone who wants a fairly gritty, hard-hitting series.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blargg

Started watching this, loving it. Shame about Triad taking forever to sub it though. This is looking like it might be great.

Gonzo will probably ruin it though. They always ruin everything. Look at Welcome to the NHK, for example. In the manga, everybody continues into depression, and many die. In the anime, they all solve all their problems, and the main romance is simply put on hold.
    Why must Gonzo always take creative license to a new level?

Advertisement