Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punctureseal

Options
  • 25-04-2007 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

http://www.punctureseal.co.uk/

has anyone heard anything about the above?

basically its a treatment which is injected into the tyre through the valve and claims to stop blow-outs and punctures and also keep tyres at correct pressure.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I gave my wife something similar to that where in the event of a puncture she injects it in and it re-inflates the tyre and blocks the puncture.
    I have heard off a few tyre fitters that they won't repair the puncture though as its too much hassle. Others IIRC will disagree and the tyre centre may try and repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

kbannon wrote:
    I gave my wife something similar to that where in the event of a puncture she injects it in and it re-inflates the tyre and blocks the puncture.
    I have heard off a few tyre fitters that they won't repair the puncture though as its too much hassle. Others IIRC will disagree and the tyre centre may try and repair it.

I used a similar product (i THINK it was tyreweld) a few years ago and it worked very well..but the downside was the smell that was given off when the tyre was been changed .....smelt like a baboons arse after a week on curry and Porter!!

I was standing well away from where it was been changed and still felt sick. The poor tyrechanger nearly saw his breakfast again :(
    That might be why the tyre fitters arent keen on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

my Bro had some of this stuff in his tyres, he had 3 nails in one at one stage and the tyre still stayed fully inflated!

Advertisement