Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest Eddie Guerrero Moment.

• 25-04-2007 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

Theres threads left right and centre for best match, best promo etc etc. So lets put a slant on this one. In memory of the late great Eddie Guerrero, whats your funniest moment you remember him in. Be it a promo, a match, an incident during a match. List it.

For me, it'd be King Of The Ring 2002, Terri interviews Eddie Guerrero and he spends about 5 minutes listing off his whole family. One of the funniest segments of the entire PPV being pipped at the post by Rock/Booker/Goldust.

Whats yours?
    VR!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mine was Unforgiven 2003, it was the final of the US Title tournament, between Eddie and Benoit. They had tried in vain to turn Eddie heel, but it just was not working. Anyway, toward the end of this great match, Eddie thumped Benoit with a chair, as the ref was down and regaining 'consciousness'. Eddie went down also. The two of them were laid there for a good few seconds, then Eddie half sits up with a look on his face of frustration and just shrugs his shoulders. His ruse hadn't worked for once.

Another, which was his last match Vs Mr Kennedy, when the latter was DQed, Eddie gave him a little wave behind the refs back. Brilliant.

One more - Eddies prom night with Chyna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

gimmick wrote:
    One more - Eddies prom night with Chyna.

I loved it. With the neon red sports coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Another one, altho more a Rock one and maybe when this thread runs out we can do one for him too, but the look on Eddie's face when Rock sang La Bamba to Eddie Guerrero on RAW, June 02 was also priceless. :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

This is one i posted a few years ago after seeing a smackdown in the point, i dont think there was a dry eye in the house form laughing. defo my fav eddie moment.

It happened during a 6 man tag with the bashams and kurt against big show rey and eddie.

Ive just cut and paste the old thread cos i couldnt be arsed typing it all out again.

"The Bashams and Kurt started workin on Eddies arm, in that one would distract the ref while the other men on the apron would turn to the crowd, take eddies arm and stretch it over their shoulder repeatedly, all the time with their back to Eddie and trashtalkin the crowd. This happened twice and as they went for it the 3rd time with both men on the aprons having their back turned and waitin for Eddies arm,Eddie blocked and handed Danny Bashams arm to Doug Basham and Doug started smashin Dannys arm over and over and over completly oblivious. First kurt got off the ring apron to ask him what he was doing but he kept goin, then Show and Rey jumped off the apron to come over and look at it and as it slowly dawned on him what was happenin he looked down to see Eddie outside the ring waving at him. This led onto Danny slappin Doug and leadin to what looked like an impromptu match between the two, with eddie even throwin his legs up on the turnbuckle HBK style before the Bashams squared up face to face and......HUGGED!!

Brilliant. Makes ya miss him all the more when ya remember how much he could make ya laugh with a simple wink or facial gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Eddie had a lot of funny moments. I cant think of any, but i all i know is that 99% of the time eddie made me laugh. He was an actor more so than a wrestler, i reckon.

• Advertisement

^ If you think he was a better actor then thats silly, as he was a top class wrestler who just happened to be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

triple h wrote:
    Eddie had a lot of funny moments. I cant think of any, but i all i know is that 99% of the time eddie made me laugh. He was an actor more so than a wrestler, i reckon.
    I'd agree 100%. obviously his legacy was enhanced due to his death but I never thought he was that great in the ring. Outside of it though, he was peerless

Not that great in the ring? He was one of the best of the last, well, ever in WWF/E.

Watch his matches with Kurt Angle, Benoit, Lesnar. Watch his ECW and Japanese stuff. The guy was amazing. He even managed to get passable contest out of Botchtista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bubs101 wrote:
    I'd agree 100%. obviously his legacy was enhanced due to his death but I never thought he was that great in the ring. Outside of it though, he was peerless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abuix0Lyz2E

Eddie Guerrero versus Rey Mysterio 1997 in WCW. Part 2 is on the right hand side. When Eddie was on, few could match him.

Maybe you can make the argument that towards the end his body was failing him and he was not quite at the level he was when he was younger.

Even still though, he was still one of the best workers in the WWE and he was fantastic promo guy at that stage too. His heel promos against Rey were brilliant although turning him was a mistake in my opinion. Eddie played a great bad guy but there came a point where people just wanted to cheer him.

Oh i'm sorry, but this is utter bullcrap and goes to show how much a little of people here that post see other than WWE.

Eddie Guerrero, simple WCW. Had a class series of matches with Rey ten times better than the ones WWE put out, As well as an amazing ladder match with Syxx (Xpac) at Souled Out 97, not to mention some of his AAA stuff as one half of LGL.

Then there's his Black Tiger stuff in Japan. Eddie not a great worker? Watch his stuff other than WWE, then come back to me. Eddie was a great worker long before the bandwagon jumpers gave a **** about him. Seriously, the amount of Eddie lovers that "appeared" after his death is sickening! But that isn't the point here, the point is that Eddie was pulling off A Class matches long before he was even signed to WWE in 2000, but how many people have seen them. Vince135792003 posted just one of MANY great matches he had in WCW.

So dig out a few of em, then come back to me :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ever since those series of matches between the Smackdown Six in late 2002, I regarded Eddie as the best all-round wrestler ever. He could work any style he wanted, he was just so strong in every aspect of wrestling

Some of the funniest things Eddie did were when he first teamed up with Chavo in WWE and they did a few skits. The best one I think was when they were playing golf. Two guys asked them if they wanted to play a foursome, it was gas. There was one where they stole from a baby and another where they tried to con some old woman I think

Another funny moment was at the Rumble a few years ago, Flair and Eddie were picking out their numbers together. Flair looked at his and he was real happy, dancing and woo-ing and everything. Eddie managed to swap Flair's with his just before Flair started showing everyone else in the room what his number was. Everyone's confused as to why Ric's so happy, and when he finally looked at it again it was gold! He started goin mental. I think when Teddy Long got Eddie to give Flair back his number, Eddie had his wallet too, it just set off Ric again, haha

Fozzy wrote:
    There was one where they stole from a baby and another where they tried to con some old woman I think

Said promos can be found on the Eddie DVD but the baby one was comical where Chavo stole the baby bottle

Eddie: Hey man, what you gonna do with that?
    Chavo: I had to steal something! You stole everything else!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can't believe no one mentioned this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6_4JqNSxMA

Just fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Can't believe no one mentioned this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6_4JqNSxMA

Fozzy wrote:
    Another funny moment was at the Rumble a few years ago, Flair and Eddie were picking out their numbers together....

;)

Here's the golf vignette, it's so hokey with the music and everything, brilliant stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFD_kX8-LjA

EDIT: This Rumble video has the follow-up segment in it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXeJiseGMcM

There was a funny segment they did once on SD where I think Chavo had been telling Eddie that Benoit was going to turn on him. Eddie stormed into Benoit's locker-room and started going mad at him, then he gradually began to calm down, but then he got set off again and got real pissed. And during the whole thing, Benoit never spoke a word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you gotta love the sd match where eddie clocks one of the worlds greatest tag team behind the refs back and throws the bell to the other before falling down and pretending to be hit, ref turns around acts surprised and dq TWGTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 zarks420

Oh My God! It had to be the smackdown episode when he was yelling at his wife Vickie and daughters and Hardcore Holly shoves him into his car. Eddie's facial expression was priceless; He was such an entertaining and most missed wrestler for me.:(

Advertisement