Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl thermometer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Guys - just bought this in Lidl for 12.99.

Very good value. Its got a max/min temp memory setting (doesn't say this on advert). Have set it up pretty easily and its reading the same temp as my oregon station.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Which Lidl?, is it a Lidl or Aldi beside Heatons on the way to Wicklow town ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Might look into getting one of those actually, acording to you it would be alot more acuarate than the sh*t i got off www.ukweathershop.co.uk. I ordered a mix max thermometer from them to use in France this summer which came yesterday and cost me £20. I tested it out and was reading much lower than it was and the min and max thermometers didn't even match. Right now the min is reading 8C the max is reading 2C and my vp2 is reading 13.8C and the minmax reset button doesn't even work! I'm sending it back tomorrow and getting a refund.

Longfield wrote:
    Which Lidl?, is it a Lidl or Aldi beside Heatons on the way to Wicklow town ?

I bought mine at 6:30pm in Lidl, Greystones (thats on the bray road on the left as you exit greystones). They seem to have quite a few left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote:
    I bought mine at 6:30pm in Lidl, Greystones (thats on the bray road on the left as you exit greystones). They seem to have quite a few left there.

Thats me buggered then, tried to find that store before but couldn't (is it a left up a really steep road?). Lovely area though in Greystones .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote:
    Thats me buggered then, tried to find that store before but couldn't (is it a left up a really steep road?). Lovely area though in Greystones .

Ha - very easy to find. Its behind the esso garage as you leave greystones for Bray (on the left).

Alternatively, from the N11 heading south, take the first exit to Greystones. Follow the signs for Greystones and you will see it on the right before you reach the town (again - its behind the esso garage).

BTW - They also have a wired in/out max/min thermo for 5.99 :

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070430.p.DigitallThermometer

That is in stock in Greystones. You really cant go wrong at that price....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

hi im new to posting here ,have being watching for months now and find it great and informative. just to let you know that i have gotten the lidl temperature station twice and had to return it, because it stopped working or started giving crazy readings.
    just a note of warning.
    on the other hand i have a oregon temp station, and have had 6 good years of accurate readings and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I got one of these temperature stations back in January, again €12.99 but a slightly different model (cosmetically), the thing was a waste of money :(......just telling the truth, perhaps I got a faulty one, or what, I dont know. They say you get what you pay for :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I got one of these temperature stations back in January, again €12.99 but a slightly different model (cosmetically), the thing was a waste of money :(......just telling the truth, perhaps I got a faulty one, or what, I dont know. They say you get what you pay for :rolleyes:
    Well, they ain't the best, I grant you that, but they come with a two year warranty I think - my little sender stopped working and I contacted them by e-mail (its in the little leaflet included) and they they sent me out a replacement one (includinng battery) post-haste. The readings seemed ok, maybe 1 deg lower than another wired inside/outside jobbie, but that could also be due to location as the wireless one was much further away from the house and lower on the ground.

Have the wireless one up and going now and it seems fine. Yep, Lidl have a no quibbles return policy so you can just drop it back if it doesn't work properly. Anyway - I'll see how it goes...

BTW - I was in Lidl earlier and bought the wired one too. Its only 5.99 so good value and it has a max/min setting too. BTW - It doesn't come with batteries so you'll have to buy them aswell....

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

morgana wrote:
    Well, they ain't the best, I grant you that, but they come with a two year warranty I think - my little sender stopped working and I contacted them by e-mail (its in the little leaflet included) and they they sent me out a replacement one (includinng battery) post-haste. The readings seemed ok, maybe 1 deg lower than another wired inside/outside jobbie, but that could also be due to location as the wireless one was much further away from the house and lower on the ground.

Morgana would you happen to still have this e-mail address. Same thing happened to me sender stopped working, but the manual only provided a telephone number for warranty issues but could never get through to them. Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

scart wrote:
    Morgana would you happen to still have this e-mail address. Same thing happened to me sender stopped working, but the manual only provided a telephone number for warranty issues but could never get through to them. Thanks....
    Just as well i'm an email pack-rat and still got the return mail :D
    support@inter-quartz.de

This seems to be the company dealing with this:
    digi-tech GmbH
    Valterweg 27A
    65817 Eppstein
    GERMANY

Tel. 00 800 5515 6616
    Tel. +49 (0)6198 57 18 25
    Fax.: +49 (0)6198 5770 13

digi-tech - Gesellschaft für den Vertrieb von elektronischen und
    digitalanzeigenden Instrumenten mbH

BTW mine is still going strong - at the neighbours :( Had to give it away as it was interfering with my weatherstation
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I bought a Lidl wireless thermometer last week and can't get the remote sensor to transmit. I bought a different model one from them a year ago and also couldn't get it to transmit. I'll be taking it back to them tomorrow:( .
    I also have an Oregon Scientific wireless thermometer which has worked perfectly for several years now:) !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mobhi1 wrote:
    I bought a Lidl wireless thermometer last week and can't get the remote sensor to transmit. I bought a different model one from them a year ago and also couldn't get it to transmit. I'll be taking it back to them tomorrow:( .
    I also have an Oregon Scientific wireless thermometer which has worked perfectly for several years now:) !
    But maybe you have a conflict in frequency,ie: one interfering with the other.

Just curious to this whole thread.Why is everyone wanting a second thermometer or weather station?.
    Are you finding the present one(old one) innaccurate.
    Or are ppl just curious about temperatures in different locations etc etc.
    Just curious.:)

I know when i had my oregon i was supplied 3 themo/hygro sensors with it,but thats what the whole package came with.

My Lidl thermo is working fine - no problems to report yet.

I have about 3 thermometers now - useful to see if a reading is off for some reason.

BTW - I am having problems with my oregon scientific WMR100. Sometimes the signal is lost and so the temp on the internet stays the same for hours, then suddenly its working again. I've changed batteries, reset, all the usual things but still get the same problem. Then sometimes it just works perfectly for weeks on end. It could be the distance to the receiver but I dont really have any other location options...

A

Update on the Lidl thermometer. The wired car in/out one is now giving very inaccurate readings - currently 18c outside - so not recommended.

The wireless one is reading extremely well. Very similar readings to my Oregon.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

arctictree wrote:

BTW - I am having problems with my oregon scientific WMR100. Sometimes the signal is lost and so the temp on the internet stays the same for hours, then suddenly its working again. I've changed batteries, reset, all the usual things but still get the same problem. Then sometimes it just works perfectly for weeks on end. It could be the distance to the receiver but I dont really have any other location options...

A

Portable phones can really interfere with Davis units, if left too close. I know yours is not a Davis, and perhaps you don't have portable phone (esp dect onees), but I'll mention it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jogi66

Hello,

Can anyone help me, I'm looking for an english manual for the Lidl weather station digi-tech 4-ld-1197-3.

This was a gift to a customer in Ireland, but he received it with an
    german manual.

Please support me!

Kind regards

Juergen
    j.hintz(at)cabka.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Poops 46

I too am looking for a manual/ instruction pamphlet (on-line or on paper!) for the above weather station bought from Lidl locally.

That is a DIGI-TECH 4-1197-1 WEATHER STATION.

I have mislaid my instruction pamphlet and this wirleess weather station now ceases to work despite re-setting it and putting in new batteries.
    It worked perfectly for a year. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

Poops 46 wrote: »
    I too am looking for a manual/ instruction pamphlet (on-line or on paper!) for the above weather station bought from Lidl locally.

That is a DIGI-TECH 4-1197-1 WEATHER STATION.

I have mislaid my instruction pamphlet and this wirleess weather station now ceases to work despite re-setting it and putting in new batteries.
    It worked perfectly for a year. :rolleyes:

Me too - anyone find out how to reconnect the sender and receiver?
    - there is a button inside the sender unit called "RX Reset"
    Causes the sender to flash a lot - but receiver will not pickup signal.

Found this on their site:
    Problem:The outdoor temperature does not appear on the display Solution:Remove the batteries from the main unit and the sensor. Wait for a few minutes. Insert the batteries into the main unit. Wait for 5-10 minutes. Insert the batteries into the sensor.

http://inter-quartz.de/gb/4-LD1187.html

But doesnt help me.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It all sounds very complicated.. I would love to keep some records up here, but not using these tech methods; cannot afford it and prefer non-electronic methods..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

A cheap alternative to hi tech weather systems is to hang a rasher out of the window. I find it very reliable:

If it is still edible after two weeks it has been well below freezing.

If it starts sizzling in the sun you know it's hot.

:)

Rashers? We cannot afford them, the price they are.;)

Don't know when the last time I had a rasher was.....

Seaweed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Graces7 wrote: »
    Rashers? We cannot afford them, the price they are.;)

Don't know when the last time I had a rasher was.....

Seaweed?

Graces,

You can buy a pack of rashers in lidl for approx. €1... and you'll get about 4 months of weather forecasting with them. :)

Seaweed, that's interesting and may also work, I'm sure it would change with the weather.

A euro?
    :eek:

Don;t have a bean let alone the price of a rasher..

Ah look at this

http://www.rcn27.dial.pipex.com/cloudsrus/lore.html

Seriously as you know fine well; are there not simple thermometers etc that need not to be connected to this and that? From the posts here the high tech ones seem a lot of trouble.

snow ghost wrote: »
    Graces,

You can buy a pack of rashers in lidl for approx. €1... and you'll get about 4 months of weather forecasting with them. :)

Seaweed, that's interesting and may also work, I'm sure it would change with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Graces7 wrote: »
    are there not simple thermometers etc that need not to be connected to this and that? From the posts here the high tech ones seem a lot of trouble.

A min/max thermometer should do the job just fine

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001EU848K/ref=nosim/buyadvdcom-20/
    Small floats are pushed to each temperature extreme by the two mercury columns and stay there until reset with the attached magnet or by pushing the red button on the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Hi

I have got Oregon scientific weather station for about 7 to 8 years never giving me any trouble, very reliable and excellent at forecasting but limited to what it can do.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new one with wind speed, wind direction, rainfall measurements something along those lines. I would appreciate any feedback in what to buy.

Thanks

Advertisement