Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem adding an OU to the AD

• 25-04-2007 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Im trying to add a new organizational unit for the marketing department.

When I add it I get the error "Windows cannot create the object marketing because: An attempt was made to add an object to the directory with a name that is already in use"

There is clearly no Marketing OU in display though. If I try to add something else such as test it works fine.

Google only returns an article pertaining to windows 2000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

hey ,

your problem is probably that there is a user account with the same name as the OU you are trying to create , i.e a user called marketing. this happend if you are trying to create an OU which is nested inside and existing OU which also contains a user called marketing. hope im explaining this clearly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

There isn't actually a user called marketing, just a group. But theres also an IT group and an IT OU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

a group will also cause the problem, although the are different type of objects they would end up having the same ldap name and this cannot be done, you will need to rename the marketing group or use a differnt name for the marketing OU. as for the IT OU and group , there must be a difference between them in some way to allow them to exist in the same OU with the same name you may be seeing a display name as opposed to its actual name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I see now. It was the security groups that were causing the problem.

Advertisement