Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash transplants

• 25-04-2007 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Was watching i think gmtv this morning and they had a piece about eyelash transplants. The new craze in New York is to have a section of hair taken from the back of your head and each follicule is then surgically transplanted onto your eyelids. Its so that you can have very long eyelashes or very thick ones. In fact they actually grow like hair on your head so you have to keep trimming them to stop them getting too long!!! It was first developed as avprocedure for burn victims as a reconstruction procedure.

I can't believe anyone would actually get this done - but maybe I'm wrong - Would anyone consider getting this done????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Jaesus! hehe! I would imagine the hair on your head would be a different
    strength to your eyelashes?
    And the ends would always look blunt as you are cutting them all the time.

I just have a vision of a pantomime cow with really long eyelashes in my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Lol - that cow description is spot on - that is exactly what they looked like before they trimmed them!!!!

I can just see in 100 years time people looking back at what some girls do in the name of beauty and think - jesus christ - those people in the 21st century were mad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I've heard of Eyelash EXTENSIONS but not Transplants! Are you sure they weren't extensions that eventually fall off (lasting a few months with touch ups)... that seems very severe surgery to have around the eyes...

wow that's insane if it's for real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

No it was definately transplants - they showed the actual surgeon sewing them in. :eek:

It takes an hour and a half and cost around $3,000US.

http://www.eyebrowtransplantation.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

F**k me, that's mad!
    Can you trim eye lashes or would that just make them grow? Mine annoy the hell out of me. They always brush off sunglasses and they even manage to get tangled in my eyebrows every so often!

• Advertisement
Advertisement