Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware RMA

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so here goes the story. And sorry if this is the wrong place.

I bought a graphics card from www.overclockers.co.uk in febuary. All was going well, but now it is broken. So i sent it back to them and the received it on the 29th march ( i think 28th as it was sent back to the manufacturere on the 29th) I am still to receive it back from them. They claim it can take up to 28 days. It has been 27(28) days now.

I am pretty much fed up of this, as a 28day waiting period for a product to be repaired/replaced is just taking the piss.

What i would like to know is where do i legally stand? Can i demand they give me a credit note for the original value? As the card is now 100£ cheaper and i dont want to accept that.

I would even be willing for them to send me a card which is 10£ cheaper then the original price.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Common, one of you must know ?

Mod. Can you delete this thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I imagine you would be intitled to a full refund of the purchase price as I'm sure the card was covered by a one year warranty by default. I would keep hounding overclockers to see if they can shed any light on it...certainly when approaching 28 days of them having it in their possession it is getting a bit beyond a joke,although I RMA'd a DVD drive back to komplett and indeed it did take a bloody long time toget back....

Just a update if anyone was curious how this got on.

I checked my legal rights, thich the sals of good act 1979 states, that if a repair is not handled in a satisfactory and timely manner, and if it causes inconvienience to the consumer. The said company has broken its contract. And the customer has the rights to get a full refund, or the same product but at a reduced price.

Overclockers.co.uk were not happy about this, and refused to do anything about it. So i sent them a letter stating that if i am not fully refunded asap i will be going to the small claims court to sort it out.

13mins after sending that email i got a reply statinng that i will have my refund wired to my bank account within 3-5 days.

Sucess \o/

Advertisement