Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSDPA routers

• 25-04-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

guys just wondering if anyone out there is using any HSDPA routers other than the linksys router....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I use some of the Sarian Systems ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

tell us more sacha ....like the prices for example

the linksys is about €170 including delivery .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

I used a Top Global Phoebus MB6000 for a job and it was excellent. Odd shape, but kinda cool.
    Selling point for me was a serial port for a backup modem link
    if the 3G failed. I was able to put an ISDN modem on it.

I flashed the firmware and it supported the HSDPA Vodafone card too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The Phoebus seems to cost an extra €100 but does not have any additional capabilities? Does look funky though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

The Sarian routers are aimed more at industry than domestic.

Their HSDPA router is around €700 ex VAT, while they have a multi port version for about €1000 ex VAT, but you can add various options such as ISDN, PSTN etc. The wireless routers come with dual SIM slots so you can have a Vodafone & O2 SIM in incase one fails and a GPS option.

Also they have an ADSL2 router with HSDPA backup.

If anyone is interested, PM me, I have all the spec sheets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement