Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car?

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Ok need a bit of help choosing a motor. I’m driving since November (a 1.5 323F) but have since moved to the UK and want something bit newer. My budget is equal to what Id get in Ireland for about 8k and I want looks, a good interior, comfort and fun to drive.

I’m thinking of the following:
    A 02 2 door Honda Civic 1.6 – Nice and reliable, decent looking but has a crap interior

An older IS200 – I could get a 99 one for about 5k sterling over here. Look good, comfortable, but will be a lot heavier on petrol and insurance and is probably a bit to big.

An Alfa 147. Will be the cheapest of the lot so if I have to get anything repaired I’ll have spare cash (I don’t want this thread to turn into an alfa bashing). But it has the looks, comfort, great to drive, loads of extras on the UK models and is the only car that I think id truly love!

Audi A3 – This currently bottom of the list, but is worth a consideration. But I think its overpriced for what it is.

Get a really high spec low mileage 97 323F and still save myself loads of cash. The only problem I have with the F is as its so low to the ground its awkward getting in and out as im 6’3 and have a dodgy knee!

I don’t want anything to big (the IS200 will be the exception) but I do like the mazda 6 but I think its to big for me a this stage.

Hate Golfs and seat ibizas.

What do you’s think?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think it's only a matter of time until some loser mentions a Skoda Octavia. Massive boot apparently :D

IS200 would be my choice of those btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

IS200 would be my choice of those btw.

OF those you mention, the IS200 would be my choice too. Decent enough interior, comfortable and also RWD - which is something I just prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

But would the RWD not be a lot harder to control? especially for an inexperienced ish drvier?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lamps wrote:
    But would the RWD not be a lot harder to control? especially for an inexperienced ish drvier?

Not in normal driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Go for the alfa if its cheaper and you think you'll really love it, just make sure the belt was done and has a FSH.

The civic would get my second vote. Think it also has a good mpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement