Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The (ongoing) Family Feud

Options
  • 25-04-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Do ye actually know how it begun?
    Is it true that it was a fight in school between the two daughters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah thats right. A playground fight between 2 scumbags who got their familys involved in it (common scumbag practice, since scumbags are inbred cowards who can't take a beating).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I suspect it is bull****. Urban rumour (I wont say legend, because that would give it too much credit)
    It has to be drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nope, it was reported in a number of papers with sources from the school confirming it. I sometimes wish they'd sterilise every scumbag in this city...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

yeah its true happened years ago though
    funny thing a lot of the people involved in the initial feud are all locked up or dead! the people involved in this"family feud" now aren't even family!

it has defo changed into a drug feud between two families and a lot of people in estates taking sides with either family.

it will all end in tears.:(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Started like that, made worse by someone knocking down some girl from a rival family (accidently I think) iirc.

Usual crap. Someone did something to someone else. Except these guys didn't know when to quit. The original scobes are all dead or in jail. It's their kids and extended family continuing on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think it all kicked off in St. Mary's school. A row between 2 girls. parents got involved, and a bottle was used to hit someone.

It all kicked off from there. Issues are now very different I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It has been going on for ages now....the school incident was not the true beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Urban myth, has far more to do with money and drugs than any schoolyard fight, can't remember the specifics but someone rubbished that theory before.

Urban myth, has far more to do with money and drugs than any schoolyard fight, can't remember the specifics but someone rubbished that theory before.

no i'll think u'll find it did start that way and it just spiralled out of control then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They are both settled traveller families no?
    Did it start before they settled maybe? Feuds are not uncommon amongst the travelling population, although they rarely spill out into the settled community. Maybe there was some original history there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jumpy wrote:
    Did it start before they settled maybe? Feuds are not uncommon amongst the travelling population, although they rarely spill out into the settled community. Maybe there was some original history there.

has it really spilled out into the settled community though, most if not all of the fatalities have been members of one family or another.

Jumpy wrote:

settled travellers? maybe going back few generations.

another shooting in thomond gate. <snip> shot while travelling on a motorbike.

No names or initials please </mod edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It did not start that way. If that fight did in fact happen, it happened after the feud had begun. It is pure urban myth to say it started everything. Greed, money and drugs started the feud.

Anthony Galvins book Family Feud gives the full story from the beginning. Without naming names, it all began when 2 men, who had been partners, fell out because of greed. One of these men tried to murder the other outside a school but his gun jammed. This man then ended up getting gunned down in a pub in town. From then on it was tit-for-tat.

well that maybe
    but my source says that the daughters of the two main men who were controlling limericks drug trade had a small fight in school. one daughter got the better over the other and her father couldn't handle the slagging. and thus it spiralled from that tit for tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

yayamark wrote:
    another shooting in thomond gate. <snip> shot while travelling on a motorbike. No names or initials please </mod edit>

RTE http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0426/limerick.html has named him as Noel Campion.

yayamark wrote:
    well that maybe
    but my source says that the daughters of the two main men who were controlling limericks drug trade had a small fight in school. one daughter got the better over the other and her father couldn't handle the slagging. and thus it spiralled from that tit for tat.

I remember reading about this fight in the papers and it was definitely after the shooting in the Moose. It makes more sense for the girls to be fighting over a shooting that had happened than for two fathers to be shooting at each other over a playground scrap between two girls.

I would believe a crime correspondent who puts it in writing ahead of your "source". As you said yourself most of those involved originally are either dead or behind bars so actually getting anyone to confirm this would be next to impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

yayamark wrote:
    well that maybe

The fight you speak of was referrenced in Paul Williams' book Crimelords. This fight between the two girls was pre-arranged, the school yard fight happened after the fatal road accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tea Leaf

So what are they fighting over exactly? I thought Limerick was a quiet country town....

bucks73 wrote:
    II would believe a crime correspondent who puts it in writing ahead of your "source". As you said yourself most of those involved originally are either dead or behind bars so actually getting anyone to confirm this would be next to impossible.

but u don't know who my source is?

The fight you speak of was referrenced in Paul Williams' book Crimelords. This fight between the two girls was pre-arranged, the school yard fight happened after the fatal road accident.

what fatal road accident?

• Advertisement

yayamark wrote:
    but u don't know who my source is?

True. But think about it. Originally two and then up to five families are drawn into a bloody feud which sees numerous murders, attempted murders, intimidation of witenesses, collapsed hearings, kidnappings, armed gardai on limerick streets and convictions all because two teenagers have a schoolyard squabble.

This was and is about one thing...drugs. If you believe anything else you are just being naive. Your source can say what they want but if they are anything to do with the families involved I wouldnt believe a word they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Tea Leaf wrote:
    So what are they fighting over exactly? I thought Limerick was a quiet country town....

No Limerick is the third most populated area in the republic.
    The greater area is about 100,000-120,000 (Which isn't much I suppose, but hey, we're a small country.)

Traditionally in Ireland, drugs came into the country by boat through Cork, and went from there to Limerick before been shipped to the rest of the country.

The whole feud thing has been ongoing for a number of years but only in very sporadic patches. There have been months without any kind of incident, and at one stage there were almost two years in between murders.
    I think in the 6 or so years of the feud there have been 8 or 9 murders (guess).

As for the starting of the feud, the fight in St Mary's had nothing to do with it.
    I knew some people in the school at the time, and it was common knowledge that the fight was going to take place, days before it happened.
    The shooting in the moose took place months beforehand I think.
    The fight took place because of the feud, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0426/campionn.html

I knew about this this morning before it happened. This was coming since last night

I had to drive a different direction through thomondgate this morning at about 10.15 as I knew something was up.

Wasn't there someone in another thread asking what was thomondgate like, he was buying a house or something? One of the houses in that picture there in the background is up for sale :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0426/campionn.html

I knew about this this morning before it happened. This was coming since last night

I had to drive a different direction through thomondgate this morning at about 10.15 as I knew something was up.

Wasn't there someone in another thread asking what was thomondgate like, he was buying a house or something? One of the houses in that picture there in the background is up for sale :D

do not think u could have done something about it so! maybe rang the gaurds.
    or is this person dead because u couldnt be bothered doing abything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

how would the guards respond if you tell them you have seen "something" in your crystal ball?

To be honest, alot of this talk goes on down there.
    Alot of rumours and speculation, just this time something actually happened.

TBH I dont really care what they do to one another, let them wipe one another out, makes the place a little tidier.
    If thise animals have a gripe with one another let them settle it in a cage or something where they belong and not in the middle of a road firing bullets where there are quite a few old people living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

how would the guards respond if you tell them you have seen "something" in your crystal ball?

Obviously he didn't see it in his crystal ball but heard it from someone which i'm sure the gardai would listen to. Or even better i'm sure the dead guy would have taken the heads up seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There are 2 things involved in this story that would make me ignore it:

1) As long as the scumbags are knocking each other off, and not the general public, there's no loss

2) As long as the media don't start hyping it all up again, there's no loss

Fingers crossed that if enough of these type bump each other off we'll be left with one "winner" whom the Gardai can lock up and the city can reach its potential without the usual reputation-draggers jumping on the bandwagon to have a go.

Liam Byrne wrote:

1) As long as the scumbags are knocking each other off, and not the general public, there's no loss

Fingers crossed that if enough of these type bump each other off we'll be left with one "winner" whom the Gardai can lock up and the city can reach its potential without the usual reputation-draggers jumping on the bandwagon to have a go.

What he said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Liam Byrne wrote:

When did they stop hyping it up?!:rolleyes: :mad:

Advertisement