Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Sauce & Mayonaise with chips :D

• 25-04-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I had this in Spain two years ago in a Dutch restaurant and I'm longing for it since, it was divine. Anywhere in Dublin I can get this? Or even buy the ingredients for it?

Thanks,

Dav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Are you sure its not Peanut Satay? You can get that in most supermarkets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's quite common in Dutch chippers. Any combination of sate sauce, mayonnaise, finely chopped onions and ketchup is OK!

Typical Dutch sate sauce is somewhat heavier and claggier than the real thing you'd typically get in Indonesia, or in more up-market Asian restaurants here. Over there you can buy it ready-made in jars (Conimex is a common brand) at the supermarket, but it is quite possible to make it yourself. I think I've got a recipe somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is. Just Google it and you should eb able to find some recipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Yeah, I got peanut satay a while ago and it didn't have much consistency. I'm going to the shops now to get some peanut satay, mayonnaise and chips!

Yum yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jail8ird

Buy a jar of peanut butter, warm it up in a pan with a bit of water, ginger and garlic and you've got your sate saus

Advertisement