Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titor and why Future Hiro is boned. [spolierish]

• 25-04-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This might tie into episode 20 (dunno) so I will spoiler where I can. :)

Basically Titor time travel is like this.

At the point in time where you start your journey you are at point 0.

There are multiple futures and multiple pasts, however every time line you can travel back through must eventually diverge to point 0. The same also applies when travelling back to point 0 from the future.

This gives the appearance to the time traveler that anything they do cannot change the present and that the future may not be written yet.

Once you have returned to point 0 the point at which you were may no longer exist to you and as you have left that timeline people within that timeline are no longer held to point 0.

This was the premise why Titor said the past deviated from what he remembered and that him leaving may mean his point 0 may no longer exist to us.
    In Hiros case initially the nuclear guy was set to explode but a series of events meant he was arrested and then captured, so knows how to control. But then was changed in that Sylar eats him and takes the power. Now it looks like Peter is set to take the place.

So now that past hiro is in the gone to the future and met himself his future self can change the past by telling past hiro what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

What makes you think that Hiro s powers work on that time travel theory?

And what you said in the spoiler tags isnt even english!?!?!?!?!
    Except for the last sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can see where you might think the Titor theory is being used (Isaacs apartment in the Future) but we don't know for certain.

Speaking of screwed...DINOSAUR!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Yip, thats time travel for you. It'll fry your brain given half a chance, and it needs a whole new set of tenses too....

But i see what your saying hobbes, it's interesting, but we've no real reason to suspect that the writers are using the Titor model.
    Besides, if they were, it'd make for a very depressing end to the show, and the series in general, because nothing any hero does can change the nuking of new york scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What the heck is the Titor model? How can you have a model based on a hoax?

The same way you can have a time-travel model based on the adventures in a Delorean...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What makes you think that Hiro s powers work on that time travel theory?

I don't it is speculation.
    So far we know that there have been three events that that cause the explosion.

1. Happens on Hiros first jump. The timeline hasn't been messed with but the artists death is what triggers hiros jump back.

Based on the comic We can take it that the first one is most likely caused by Sylar. Or the second one, possible the first was the nuclear guy. Ignoring the nuclear guy (as we have no proof yet Hiro manipulated him getting arrested).

Hiro finds out that Sylar causes the explosion and attempts to stop him by killing him. However because he killed the cheerleader he heals from the wound and causes the explosion (mentioned in the comic).

Now Hiro works back at what point in the time stream the event that took place that saved Sylar. At this point why not just go back and kill him then?

Because I believe either he cannot change the future while he is in a different timeline. Hiro even hints at it in the train to Peter.

Each Hero so far has had some form of weakness to their power. My guess that is Hiros.

Which would tie in with Titor theory.

Besides, if they were, it'd make for a very depressing end to the show, and the series in general, because nothing any hero does can change the nuking of new york scenario.

It is possible that
    that the artist knew his death triggered the change to the time stream.

Also Present Hiro in the future can change his timeline once he returns to point 0. So Future Hiro can save present Hiro but can't change his own time line.

That said the whole time travel thing is messy. If it is many worlds theory then Hiro doesn't need to stop the bomb as those people are alive in another time stream. If it is a fixed time stream then it is pointless time traveling.

tbh I can't see how Time travel would benefit anyone except the traveler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hobbes wrote:
    I don't it is speculation.
    Because I believe either he cannot change the future while he is in a different timeline. Hiro even hints at it in the train to Peter.

Which would tie in with Titor theory.
    There's also the part with Charle, although he travels back to save her, he cannot. He realises around then that he can't change major thing in the past with his powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

With Hiro's power it's all about fate and destuneeeee :D

There are so many time travel theories and stories out there that I wouldn't read into it too much, I doubt a writer would try and stick to a specific theory, they'd just write what makes sense to them and normally that happens to be a case of cherry picking differant parts of differant ideas.

I have a better reponse rushing around my brain, but it's late/early so I'll leave it til I'm awake.

Look, all it takes is the energy available from 1.21 Jigawatts and a velocity of 88 Miles per hour to both open the 4th dimensional threshold and then pass through it...to tell me differently is futile, because it just aint true.

Unless of course you happen to be travelling in a wormhole that intersects a solar flare..or have a telephone booth and a bodacious guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

or a police box thats bigger on the indside than on the outside , or a swirly tunnel-like funnel or a really cool ground UV lit combi smoke/wind machine.

Or in Hiro's case: minor constipation, which when released is expelled at such speed as to rip a hole in the space time continuum for which Hiro can manipulate :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Oh dear sweet Jesus! I know that Heroes is just a TV show and that but this theory is just daft :rolleyes:

Read the wiki link its hilarious :
    Football in the USA? Did future-boy happen to catch the World Cup at all? That poort coach blew 8 fuses against Italy :)

Texas is Hispanicized...excuse me, while I go rev the rotor blades on my roflcopter....

Oh sure we still have Napster....but...well, lets just say we all miss 2000 :D

Radiation Up, Temperatures the same? Excuse me while I find the pilot of my Roflcopter.

Love how he warped the Mad Cow scares along 2000-2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Sorry, I wasnt up to date on the online comics, but I still hope fopr a different time travel theroy to be used and I said it will be.

Remember most people get headaches when watching Back to the future, what would happen if they sprung this one on them.

A mad craze of sticking forks in eyes me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

mmmm...forky stabby crazy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sorry, I wasnt up to date on the online comics, but I still hope fopr a different time travel theroy to be used and I said it will be.

Remember most people get headaches when watching Back to the future, what would happen if they sprung this one on them.

A mad craze of sticking forks in eyes me thinks.

back to the future i can follow... this will take a bit of work.
    And probably some black magic.

Actually Back to the future uses the many worlds theory as well except that point 0 can change from any point in the timeline.

As much as I love Hiro; let us pray he never, ever does this to us again...I don't think I can take too much more thinking in 4 dimensions.

Advertisement