Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Saturday - 2pm - Phoenix Park

Options
  • 25-04-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, a big part of the performance last night was due to the farcial training last weekend.

We have seen the results the regular training has had, but we let it slip this week.

I'm expecting a major turnout this time round. I want a major turn out this time round.

No escuses accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

count me in. Couldn't go last weekend cos of the move from sat to sun. [edit: I mean TO sat FROM sun]

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill be missing i think, heading off down home for the weekend. last sat was disappointing, only 8 of us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

i'll be there.

I think I've a match on Saturday morning. So certain aspects of training I'll have to miss. E.G Suicide runs :D They are fun though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Just a thought, both Man U and Chelsea are playing on Sat morning 12:45 kick offs. This will surely affect our turnout for 2pm? Should we move it to 3pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just a thought, both Man U and Chelsea are playing on Sat morning 12:45 kick offs. This will surely affect our turnout for 2pm? Should we move it to 3pm?

It's called commitment. Te only ones who wont turn up are the ones that are happy to drop out if a half decent excuse comes along. Liverpol- Chelsea is on Tuesday so people will just have to miss it.

Having said that 3 suits me better (but not as good as sundays) becuase I play indoor near the park at 5:30 so the less hanging aroudn time the better.

EDIT. That sounded a bit harsh but what the hell.:)

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    It's called commitment. Te only ones who wont turn up are the ones that are happy to drop out if a half decent excuse comes along. Liverpol- Chelsea is on Tuesday so people will just have to miss it.
    QUOTE]

I know mate, I wasn't speaking for myself/looking for an excuse. I'll be there anyway whatever time it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are they playing each other?

Training is, as usual, at 2pm on Saturday.

seansouth wrote:
    Are they playing each other?

Traingin is, as usual, at 2pm on Saturday.

No, Everton V Manu
    Chelsea V Bolton.

2pm is fine with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stekelly wrote:
    It's called commitment.
    Correct
    Stekelly wrote:
    The only ones who wont turn up are the ones that are happy to drop out if a half decent excuse comes along. Liverpol- Chelsea is on Tuesday so people will just have to miss it.
    I don't consider going to the pub to watch premiership football a half decent excuse.

A half decent excuse would be a missing foot or something like that. Even then I'd expect you to turn up to show me the missing foot.
    Stekelly wrote:
    Having said that 3 suits me better (but not as good as sundays) becuase I play indoor near the park at 5:30 so the less hanging aroudn time the better.
    Awh, poor Ste has to hang around the Pheno all by himself. Make a game of it, try to find as many poo-covered condoms you can in an hour, then try to beat that record.
    Stekelly wrote:
    EDIT. That sounded a bit harsh but what the hell.:)
    Feck them. The days of nicey-nice are long gone.

seansouth wrote:
    Awh, poor Ste has to hang around the Pheno all by himself. Make a game of it, try to find as many poo-covered condoms you can in an hour, then try to beat that record..

Screw you, I bring my own. :)

And of course by that I mean I have lots of anal sex with women. I was never confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

b there.
    Mikie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I played 15 minutes of tag rugby last night and wasn't able to walk for 30 minutes after cos of severe shin splints. Still suffering from it today so no chance I can run on it tomorrow. Might make it down for set pieces etc but at the moment I'm not sure if it'll be right for Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I have to work this weekend, I hoped to be able to get out of it but I can't. I mention this on tuesday to Des. I'll see you tuesday.

I played 15 minutes of tag rugby last night and wasn't able to walk for 30 minutes after cos of severe shin splints. Still suffering from it today so no chance I can run on it tomorrow. Might make it down for set pieces etc but at the moment I'm not sure if it'll be right for Tuesday.

Pfft..Tag Rubgy , ya big gurl!!

Sure ya should come down for the set pieces as you said. Maybe you can show us some tag rugby skillz :D

Oh and lads, bring water for yerselves incase it's a scorcher :cool: ( don't want my water empty on the first break! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Won't be there this weekend. Like the unfit ****er that I am I managed to pull something on Tuesday :rolleyes:

Hoe did it go? I had to go to a funeral this morning (guy 's mother that I play football with, didnt find out till last night) so we didnt start work till 12. Got to the park around quarter to four, thought I might catch the end of training but there was just a couple of people playing hurling.

Wasnt all bad. I hung around to watch the cricket game that was on till it was time to go to my other football.

We only had a turnout of 9. Another was injured but turned up to help out anyway. Since the numbers where low there was little we could do apart from fitness and a kick about. The kick about wasn't too bad. We were getting a passing game going a few times.

Looks like we might be training at a different location from now on. Only about 3min away.

Advertisement