Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor site

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sully wrote:
    I think he has a very good point, despite being attacked and banned here on Boards for "spamming". He has contacted the company several times to address a problem which comes down to the basics of web development - stuff a first year programmer would have learned! The company choose to ignore him, and his problem. In the end he was left with no choice but to setup a website similar to Meteor (which is probably the only area where they will get him under the law) stating all the factual problems with the site.

The fact that the company is providing a poor designed website (I always wondered why Customer Service were allowed know your pin, espicaly in the contact us page), fails to listen to its customers wishes (and I believe he isnt the only one asking) and now they are taking legal action against him shows a poor web developer and poor customer relations.

The company deserves the bad publicity imo.

You only have his word for it that he contacted them several time. I've always got a good response from meteor so I'm very surprised hes being ignored. Maybe hes was, we've no way of knowing. I personally haven't had a problem with the SMS website but I'm not mass texting people I don't know. Maybe if I did I'd have the same problems. At least the meteor site allows you to send texts. When I was with O2 their webtext was usable about 70% of the time.
    ciaranfo wrote:
    Yes, he may have valid points about these being seemingly easy to implement - it's the way he's going about it that's pissed me off anyway.

Same here. I can't imagine the features he looking for are in huge demand. How many people would text over 250 people you don't know, the same text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Curiouser, unwanted, fachtnaroe
    Curiouser wrote:
    Well don't you know. It's the guy the uptight jerks love to hate. Back again.

Ciaranfo, Maddzy, BostonB, Commander Vimes: you guys are wound so tight you're an alternative fuel source.

The bile from you makes me wonder why someone reccommended boards.ie to me in the first place. It's a fascist boot camp the way you talk. Nothing positive, just put-down after putdown.

Any of you guys called got friends called O'Neill or O'Flaherty that you want to save with Meteor? Any of you guys want to make a group and call it Family using Meteor?

Who knows? All you've given is bile, despite my apology for the accidental cross-posting.

And yes, take my word I spoke to customer care. And no, I don't send texts commercially. And yes my complaint site looks like Meteors - it's a parody - that's the idea. That's why I'm dealing with Meteor Senior Management: I'm getting a response.

But for you guys it'll be in one eye and out the other, then delete the post. But what I say will still be true, and I can always come back.

You 4 are just losers. The others who read posts - even if they disagree - belong.

They discuss; you just spew.

You expect us to believe you somehow managed to cross post on different forums by accident. But yet you were managed to re-register 3 times in order to post. You've also managed to delete your past posts, and also post and then immediately delete to distribute more comments. Do you think that removes all traces of your posts? Thats bizarre. Especially from your background. Its very unprofessional and doesn't help your credibility at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I do it all the time. You know how you accidentally post the same thing loads of times even though its so unimportant there was no need to mention it once

then you know how you lean on the keyboard and you accidentally reregister after being banned for posting the same thing over and over.

Then you accidentally copy the post you got banned for and repost it. And you do this 3 or 4 times.

Could happen to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I do it all the time. You know how you accidentally post the same thing loads of times even though its so unimportant there was no need to mention it once

then you know how you lean on the keyboard and you accidentally reregister after being banned for posting the same thing over and over.

Then you accidentally copy the post you got banned for and repost it. And you do this 3 or 4 times.

Could happen to anyone
    I'm going to frame that on my wall :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im very much confused. Commander I take it (after re-reading several times) is abusing the guy who created the website and keeps evading the ban on this site? If im correct and this dude keeps evading bans - the eejit should be IP banned and his ISP contacted. What an eejit.

While I completely agree with the points he made, I disagree with him spamming sites with it - getting banned and coming back again. Thats down right ignorant, and completely pathetic. Is it any wonder why Meteor ignore him.

Anyway, I have been told by a friend that he to experienced some of those problems, contacted Meteor, and got ignored. I contacted them regarding it two days ago to see what the story was - ignored.

They clearly pick and choose what they reply to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sully wrote:
    Im very much confused. Commander I take it (after re-reading several times) is abusing the guy who created the website and keeps evading the ban on this site? If im correct and this dude keeps evading bans - the eejit should be IP banned and his ISP contacted. What an eejit.
    exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This thread is going way out of hand. I've had a load of reported posts about it.
    I'm going to lock it.
    Feel free to start a new one about the actual Meteor website, but leave out the stuff about the spammed website, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement