Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One off housing

Options
  • 25-04-2007 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey, just wanted to know can someone recommend an architect to do drawings for a one off bungalow. I got quoted €2500 for plans which i wouldnt get for 3 months?! surely you can get them quicker and cheaper.....or is that just wishful thinking?! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

netpost wrote:
    Hey, just wanted to know can someone recommend an architect to do drawings for a one off bungalow. I got quoted €2500 for plans which i wouldnt get for 3 months?! surely you can get them quicker and cheaper.....or is that just wishful thinking?! Cheers!

What part of the North East are you looking for an architect in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

You could try Abbi architects shop street in drogheda.
    or mckevitt architects on the north road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I got an architect to draw up plans for a 3 bed extension to a house, he done it all including the planning application
    He charged me 1400 euro ,
    I would shop around mate, the price you are being quoted seems a bit excessive
    Where abouts are you looking to build ?
    If you want to drop me a PM at some stage ,i can give you his details.
    He is based in the Drogheda area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 netpost

Im in the meath area around navan. 1400 seems alot cheaper alright! how long ago did you get the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Oh great - the cheaper the 'design' the better. Even though it's the rest of us that have to look at your one-off house in a field, and pay for its servicing along with the other gazillion bungalows scattered across the countryside to maintain your unsustainable way of living. And you're complaining about spending 2% of the build cost on designing the thing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement