Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money found

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

dcarroll wrote:
    the op would know that by telling us what type of flat this is, ie a run down tower block or a riverside penthouse, should be a good indication of how much money he has

Yeah you are right , even finding out what type of car he drove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

ok...heres my view...put money back where-ever you found it. Make it look like it was never touched. If the guards didnt find it, and it took you a while to find it then its not immediately obvious in its hiding place...so any new person moving in isnt likely to find it anytime soon.

If you move out and take the money the dealer WILL come looking for you and his money. If he breaks in and finds a bill for you...all he has to do is bide his time for a while...let you change all your addresses...ring them up and say hes you..he changed the address but they must have processed it wrong..what address did ya put on it?? Sure i can just nip round to them and get the letter...save ya sending me a new one....and bingo he has your address and name!!

move out...leave the money....its not worth it for 9k.

if you give the guards your name and the money ...they wont be able to give it to you as they will have reasonable suspicion that the money is proceeds of crime...when nobody claims it the state will get the money..not you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

What kind of dope posts this on a public forum anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

bullrunner wrote:
    ok...heres my view...put money back where-ever you found it. Make it look like it was never touched. If the guards didnt find it, and it took you a while to find it then its not immediately obvious in its hiding place...so any new person moving in isnt likely to find it anytime soon.

If you move out and take the money the dealer WILL come looking for you and his money. If he breaks in and finds a bill for you...all he has to do is bide his time for a while...let you change all your addresses...ring them up and say hes you..he changed the address but they must have processed it wrong..what address did ya put on it?? Sure i can just nip round to them and get the letter...save ya sending me a new one....and bingo he has your address and name!!

move out...leave the money....its not worth it for 9k.

if you give the guards your name and the money ...they wont be able to give it to you as they will have reasonable suspicion that the money is proceeds of crime...when nobody claims it the state will get the money..not you

I agree.

Leave it there and move out. Not worth it. You'll have a good time with the cash, but you'll be worried about him coming after you for a long time.
    My mate's owed me 30 quid since last june, i'll never forget!:mad: Drug dealer just out of prison - he certainly won't forget either. Especially 9 grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Judging by the lack of moderator input into this thread, I am beginning to think it is them having a laugh.
    I am almost willing to bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Let's assume everything the OP said is true. I can't believe some of the people here saying to leave the money where it is. So what... The drug dealer gets it back, uses it to fund further drug dealing. You would be doing society a favour by being pro-active here and either handing it into the cab, or better still, spending it yourself.

Remember, spending this money on yourself will benefit society at large as it's 9k the dealer doesn't have to spend on drugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Someone who hasnt a clue what to do with it!

I know what id be doing...

:D
    ~Leanne~ wrote:
    What kind of dope posts this on a public forum anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Please provide a photo of the cash! because i don't believe you.

What he said.

If I ever found myself in a situation like this I'd **** off abroad for a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Mossy Monk wrote:
    What he said.

If I ever found myself in a situation like this I'd **** off abroad for a year or two.

On 9k?

Where would you go? somalia, cambodia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

It would be a great start to a trip down under for a year!!

Take it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

It would be a great start to a trip down under for a year!!

Take it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get a grip we are talking about a drug dealer here who earned this 9k buy selling Drugs yes drugs an illegal activity that yes leads to other crimes.
    How does it lead to other crimes? Maybe he's coup de la just selling his drugs.
    Anti wrote:
    The stupidity of some of the posters here is jaw dropping.

the chances are the money has come from some sort of armed robbery, so will more than likely be picked up on.

How do you figure that one? His customer base is comprised of armed robbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

give it to me and ill sort it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

FX Meister wrote:
    How does it lead to other crimes? Maybe he's coup de la just selling his drugs.

i assume your taking the piss and not actually trying to justify dealing drugs??

The fundamental mistake most make when engaged in illegal activities is that they feel the need to tell others. If you ever find a large amount of money, kill someone or break something you never tell another soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

PeakOutput wrote:
    i assume your taking the piss and not actually trying to justify dealing drugs??

How do you make out from my post that I justify drug dealing? All I'm saying is that if someone is a drug dealer it doesn't automatically mean they are also into heavier criminal activity. Surely that's similar to saying someone who buys a 1/4 a month for their own personal use is into snatching handbags to pay for their habit. Maybe not. But I'm not saying it's ok to deal drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I cannot believe the tone of this thread or the suggestions being made by some re. the OP profiting somehow from all of this.........

- Send me all of the money in multiple brown envelopes and I'll put it towards my building fund for a centre for children who can't read good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anti wrote:
    On 9k?

Where would you go? somalia, cambodia?

There is a thing called getting a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

also, if u were to hand blood soaked 9k into the bank, say in an effort to change it ot Australian Dollars, Im assuming they might get suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The_B_Man wrote:
    also, if u were to hand blood soaked 9k into the bank, say in an effort to change it ot Australian Dollars, Im assuming they might get suspicious.
    All in seriousness, the OP couldn't do anything with that amount of money. Never mind Financial Institutions, even auctioneers and car and art dealers are legally obliged to disclose large cash transactions to both Revenue and the Guards under the current Anti-Money Laundering legislation.

...and as for blood-stained money? *rollseyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

this thread really has some amazing comments that have made me laugh.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ok, OK!

here's what you're gonna do...

OP, you're going to stop taking your silly pills and think for a second!

The dude is in jail, that doesn't mean his "business" partners or cronies or debtors are too!!

Anybody could come looking for that money at any time so before you even consider anything about the cash itself, start arranging to move out.

THIS WEEKEND

That is not a place you want to be hanging around anyway, never mind having 9k in a wardrobe, what about the stocks of heroin in the attic and the gun and more money under the floorboards in the living room, the coke stashed up the chimney and the sawn-off strapped to the inside of the toilet...

There could be anything in that house and there could be anybody coming looking for it at any time..

GET OUT!

Now, the money.

Did you sign a lease? Does the girl living there or the landlord know anything about you? Where you're from, where your family are from? Where you work? What you do for a living? Do they know your full name? Bank details? Do you get post to the house?

We know they know what you look like, so you can be easily described, so if the answer to any of the above is yes, then leave the money behind you when you move out this weekend.

Unless...

I'm no tough guy by any strecth of the imagination, but I'd do this, but also, I've nothing really tieing me to Dublin, but as long as there wasn't too much he could find out about me, like only my first name and what I look like for example, I'd take the money and run, but I wouldn't stay in Dublin, I'd go on a month or two long holiday, travel like you always wanted but could never afford and then I'd get a job in London or OZ (or even bar work in the states for a bit) and have the best year ever!

Ok, 9k isn't gonna set you up for life, but when it lands on your lap it opens a lot of doors and gives a lot of oppertunitys for you to do things youwould otherwise never be able to do, so in that sense it is a life changing sum of money...

If you cant be found, ESPECIALLY not your familly, then take the money and run lad...run like the wind and live like a king for a while on the back of the blood (literally) sweat and tears of a two-bit low life scum bag.

And one more thing...tell nobody! (and don't worry about the internet forum, he's not gonna trace you from that and I presume you didn't post this from work so in the VERY unlikely event the cops would get involved at all, they wouldn't either, but to be honest I don't think they'd care too much as long as that guy doesn't use it to commit any more crime! Feck it, you're not commiting a crime, if anything you're setting this guys business back which serves the entire community and as a reward you get to enjoy yourself...justice, no?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

If your gonna leave the money where you found it, dont forget to wipe your
    fingerprints off the cash, container, loose board etc, just in case.

You dont want to be the first person in history ever to be sent to jail for
    something he didnt do, now do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

the OP is just full of bull i think, he's prob doing psychology at trinity and is getting peoples opinions on such an incident occuring.

but how hard is it to dispose of 9k? well you could open an account with boi, aib and ulster bank.

put 3k in each account.

not very difficult. as for the blood stained money, im sure pubs would take a dim view of that at 2am when they are pulling over priced pints to punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

grizzly wrote:
    Posting this here becasue I'm not sure whereelse it would go. I've got a dilemma. Two months ago I moved into a rented flat. My next door neighbor seemed to disappear when ever I left the place – she seemed scared of me. I later found out this was because a drug dealer lived in the place before me – now in jail. The landlord never mentioned this, but I understand why he wouldn't. Last week I was cleaning out an old cubard under the stairs and found a lose panel. Pulled it off and found a bag of money with wads of rolled up notes. I counted it up and it's quite a lot. I can't really keep this can I? I could give it to the police or to charity. What would you do?
    can i just clarify a few points?

first of all if your neighbour seems to disappear whenever you leave the place, how do you know she is disappearing? you are the one leaving after all? and surely if she was scared of you would she not make herself known to you whatsoever

secondly you say you found it under the stairs? whilst i am aware that a small number of flats do indeed have stairs, the majority dont. and if your flat is one of these which has a stairs, is it an extremely large flat as most of these tend to be? you havent mentioned any room mates, which I presume would exist in a flat of this size?

I think the picture of the cash idea sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This is a complete wind-up, biggest load of bull i've ever read. Does the fac that the OP is posting no replies not give that away? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

fullstop wrote:
    This is a complete wind-up, biggest load of bull i've ever read. Does the fac that the OP is posting no replies not give that away? :rolleyes:

Maybe someone paid him a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

The OP hasn't left a reply in the last 30 hours?

OH NOES!!111! Something must have to him, this is a wind up etc. etc.

Perhaps he has other things (such as a job/pet/life) that have kept him away from this thread for such an exorbitant amount of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

penguin88 wrote:
    The OP hasn't left a reply in the last 30 hours?

OH NOES!!111! Something must have to him, this is a wind up etc. etc.

Perhaps he has other things (such as a job/pet/life) that have kept him away from this thread for such an exorbitant amount of time!

Don't be rediculous, everyone here knows there is nothing to life outside boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Cayman Island bank account me thinks;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Buy more drugs! j/k

Honestly I would leave the money where it is and if he came calling would hand it over. If nothing happens after 12 months I would consider it mine.

OP, don't do anything stupid.

Have you got into your nip and rolled around in it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

That's mine - Thanks for reminding me - I'll be around in a couple of months......and if you find the other bundle in the shed, DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

...it's mad they give us Internet accesss here in the Joy......handy though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

PeakOutput wrote:
    im pretty sure starting a sentence with god when you are not refering to someone whose name is god is not great english either.........also the only thing they left out was a question mark all the words where correctly spelt as far as i could tell with my limited education and all

The bit I quoted (ALL CAPS) was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Read her earlier posts, coz dey r vry anoyin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Dunno if this thread is true but.....ROFL :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Nick wrote:
    The dude is in jail, that doesn't mean his "business" partners or cronies or debtors are too!!

Anybody could come looking for that money at any time so before you even consider anything about the cash itself, start arranging to move out.

Spot on.

€9k, although would be a nice little windfall, its hardly life-changing surely? It is enough however to warrant the bloke or his cronies coming back for it (and it won't be them ringing on the doorbell either). Bit inconvenient yes but just move out, do not pass go and do not collect two hundred pounds (or nine grand for that matter).

Oh, and if you do feel compelled to do something about it, donate it to a drug treatment centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'd keep it.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Grizzly hasn't replied in 4 pages! He's DEAD!
    I'm sorry for your loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

legs11 wrote:
    the OP is just full of bull i think, he's prob doing psychology at trinity and is getting peoples opinions on such an incident occuring.

QUOTE]

I'd say you're right there

Leeby wrote:
    legs11 wrote:

QUOTE]

I'd say you're right there

Good point actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

God rest his soul.

(He didn't happen to mention where the money is, did he?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

just because a "drug dealer" use to live there , does not mean it belonged to him, he might not of even known it was there.

Do you know who lived there before him ?could it belong to some old dear who passed away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

This was obviously a load of BS yes?
    I was getting interested in this :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mice.

take 90% of the money and get some mice to mess up / "eat" the rest so it's in shreds, - even better rip the notes in half / take down the serials so you can get the bank to re-issue them after a year or whatever it takes.

be interesting to see yer mans face in 8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Jim Bob you are on the same train as me it could be there for years. Plus some good advise about other searches then up sticks and backpack round the world.

Hopefully since the OP hasn't posted he is already sipping drinks from pineapples

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sportswear wrote:
    i had a friend who got stung by university authorities slagging off the uni on boards.ie

if it ever comes back to haunt him in the future and there are police involved these things can get easily found out.

a lot lot lot of people read after hours and the consequences of getting caught by either the man who stole the money or the police are quite severe.

someone out there knows exactly where that money is....:)

Same happened to here - with Student Accommodation for WIT College (Manor Village). Got shouted abuse at from the security guard and barred.

No such thing as freedom of speach, or even privacy.

If I can get found and so can others, you havent a hope of getting away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I cant believe it took so logn for people to say to keep searching! the 9K might just be the tip of the iceberg!lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The_B_Man wrote:
    also, if u were to hand blood soaked 9k into the bank,

One word for you, "laundering".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

keep the money and move.

As mentioned before the guy who left it there will be back and you dont want to be there when he does. But dont give the money to the cops.Give it to charity if you dont want it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Give it to me! :)

Advertisement