Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Vehicle

Options
  • 25-04-2007 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All
    Thinking of getting a commercial either an xtrail or vitara. just a quick question can you get a commercial with privacy glass in the back. I no the xtrail you have glass but cant look out. Is there any commercial you can.
    thanks for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm no expert here, but I think a commercial must have no rear seat and no rear windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

nope, my L200 has seats in the back and privacy glass comes as standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

L200 is not a full commercial.

As far as I know tints are OK. Another one is to have transfers that look like windows with tints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

ballooba wrote:
    L200 is not a full commercial.

it has commercial tax, so what classifies a full commercial??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's a light commercial as far as I remember. VRT is different for one thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

pd2006 wrote:
    Hi All
    Thinking of getting a commercial either an xtrail or vitara. just a quick question can you get a commercial with privacy glass in the back. I no the xtrail you have glass but cant look out. Is there any commercial you can.
    thanks for your help

If I remember rightly when I read a notice while my van was being tested I don't think it matters if the glass is blackened or not What matters (If I remember rightly) was that the loading area has to be greater than the seating area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think I read on this site that loading area must be 45% of the total length of the vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

For a jeep/van to qualify as a comercial(low VRT and can claim back VAT on the purchase (if VAT reg'd)) it must have no seats behind driver and have no back windows.

Crew cab with seats behind the driver & windows: Normal car VRT but it is possible to reclaim the VAT once the jeep is being used to transport worker to sites. Revenue approval required. You may remember a time in 2002 when these type of crew cabs qualified for normal van treatment. This was for a period of 12mths only as the law was changed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

patsyh wrote:
    For a jeep/van to qualify as a comercial(low VRT and can claim back VAT on the purchase (if VAT reg'd)) it must have no seats behind driver and have no back windows
    Presumably you mean no side windows behind the driver as lots of commercial vehicles have windows on the rear doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the "no back windows" phrase causes confusion

There can be glass, as in the Santa Fe or Pajero, or even the Golf. but in all these models the glass is completely obscured by an inner panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Having glass ina comercial vehicle windows in the back is fine but the side windows are supposed to be blacked out so you cant see through it. having said I recently converted my pajero 7 seater to a commercial and I got away with just tinting the glass limo black. You canstill see outwhich is great for reversing! It was a person from the vro who checked too so there musn't be a problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The glass ruling seems to be relaxed alright, I know of a few commercial jeeps with just blackened out glass that you can see out of alright, in fact I know of a couple of them with clear glass.

Advertisement