Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Idea and mobile homes

Options
  • 25-04-2007 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just a quick question for you. My uncle owns land with lakeside frontage. the area is beautiful and the lake is a well know one in ireland with good pike etc. We are thinking of applying for planning permission for two holiday homes sometime next year. Buy we are thinking of maybe putting in one or two static mobile homes and making abit of a fishing village. Would you think there is a need for that in Ireland or would people prefer a house to a mobile home. Hope this is the right forum to ask this question. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I think mobile homes are great. I own one and spend loads of weekends in it during the summer. Some mobile homes are far better than a lot of houses. These cost upwards of 50K. For that money you could build some basic holiday accommodation.

Additionally, even though I have no problem with mobile homes per se, if I was paying for accommodation I think I'd expect a proper house.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Well as an English guy living in Cork, I'd prefer a mobile.....most English guys would...less 'formal' if you get my drift.

Keep us posted on how ur getting on...I could be your first customer !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

depending on the water really
    fishermen will sleep anywhere and in anything..so i wouldnt think comfort is a priority.

Advertisement