Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ease of use and rugid gps.

Options
  • 25-04-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I've read posts on the various gps units and went in to halfords to have a look at a Nuvi.
    The guy in hlafords was really selling the Nuvi ,But ,he told me that occasionally the Nuvi unit will revert to english maps automatically .
    He said this was the only fault with the unit.
    I thought the unit looked flimsy and very fragile.

I had a unit already ,but it's gone so I need a new one.
    I need a unit with the very latest maps ,some days I'm going to at least 5 different addresses .Some of them on new estates in Dublin.
    My job means I get dirty and I need a unit that is rugid and able for a bit of abuse.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

_Brian_ wrote:
    Any recommendations?
    Not the Nuvi. You should probably go for something waterproof and targeted at the outdoors, if you expect it to get dirty.. They tend to be a little more pricey though. Maybe a 2610/2710/Zumo/Quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks krusty ,I'll have a look.
    I was worried that the motorbike models would have older maps ,because they don't shift as quickly.

If I bought one with oldish maps ,would I be intitled to a free current upgrade?

Brian.

Advertisement