Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instrument Ddials dead on 2002 Ford Focus.

Options
  • 25-04-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello all,
    My wife just arrived home to tell me that the instrument dials on our 2002 Ford Focus estate are dead, i.e speedomoter, petrol gauge, rev counter.
    Would anyone have any idea what caused this and would it be expensive to get fixed? I have absolutely no knowlege of cars.
    Thank's inadvance.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Could be a number of things. Multi plug disconnected/fuse.

Eliminate the easy ones first.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

This happened to me last year on my car a couple of days post service. I rang the garage and told them, they were'nt as concered as I was.

They told me to drop in when I was passin and they would look at it. I tol them I wouldn't and shouldn't drive the car in that condition as if I was involved in an accident and it became aware my dash was dead, i would be in dodgy water so to speak.

I got the AA to tow my car to the garage. In fairness the garage sorted it the next morning, saying it was a loose connection.

Never had a problem after that. I wasn't charged for the work although the car was under warranty. i half expected them to say that it wasn't covered by warranty.

Advertisement