Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

porting to o2 - any sim card?

• 25-04-2007 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Just received a new connection o2 phone where I will now port my number and get cash back and free texts. The sim card that came with the new phone has a nice easy telephone number - so my question is now, can I port my number over to another sim card that I have here, another brand new o2 sim card, or do they have to port the number over to specifically the sim that came with the phone? If possible, I want to keep the easy number but at the same time I have to port my meteor number to get cash back..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you would have to port onto the one that came with it to get the cash back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

OK! I got two sim cards with the 3g phone, one ordinary one and one 3g sim card. Is it the same number on both sim cards? Will both sim cards contain my ported number after the porting?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

flodis79 wrote:
    OK! I got two sim cards with the 3g phone, one ordinary one and one 3g sim card. Is it the same number on both sim cards? Will both sim cards contain my ported number after the porting?

I'm on speakeasy and upgraded to a 6233 at christmas and I never recieved any 3g simcard... just put the old one i had for years in. My reception on the phone is still saying 3g tho... What exactly is a 3g simcard and what makes it different to a normal simcard?

flodis79 wrote:
    no they don't have the same number. why did you get two? was it speakeasy and were there two in the box or was one in an envelope or was one just your old sim card?

jmccrohan wrote:
    I'm on speakeasy and upgraded to a 6233 at christmas and I never recieved any 3g simcard... just put the old one i had for years in. My reception on the phone is still saying 3g tho... What exactly is a 3g simcard and what makes it different to a normal simcard?
    afaik it just has more memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I got the 3g one in envelope, one on the paper with all the codes and "MMS" on the back. The 3g one does not register to o2 network at all.. Maybe that's the one the will port into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You won't get your cash back unless you complete the port onto the number you were assigned as far as I know.

The one in the envelope is used if you were an O2 customer in the past.
    The one in the pack with a phone number is for new O2 customers or for people porting to O2 (prepay) who've not been on O2 before.

n.b. if you got a 3G phone and the SIM pack with the phone number isn't 3G, you can call customer care after the port goes through and get your number put onto the 3G SIM. I'm not sure what difference it makes tbh, but O2 recommend it to get the most out of it's 3G.

Advertisement