Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing broadband, options

Options
  • 25-04-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

looking for some advice.i currently have irish broadband, wireless ripwave, 512K, 19euro a month option. but lately the speed is really slow, almost locking up nightly. i'm going to change and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a better option. i'm thinking about spending 30ish a month and dont have a phone line, so wireless seems to be the easiest option. i live in clonsilla, dublin 15. any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

baegan wrote:
    looking for some advice.i currently have irish broadband, wireless ripwave, 512K, 19euro a month option. but lately the speed is really slow, almost locking up nightly. i'm going to change and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a better option. i'm thinking about spending 30ish a month and dont have a phone line, so wireless seems to be the easiest option. i live in clonsilla, dublin 15. any opinions?

Why not try Irish Broadband Breeze 2MB. €35.99 a month. Free installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

i have had a very bad customer service experience with irish broadband, so looking for an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

baegan wrote:
    i have had a very bad customer service experience with irish broadband, so looking for an alternative

Then maybe digiweb may be the way to go. Getting alot of good reviews here anyway.

What bad customer service experience? Just signed up to IBB Breeze myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

I looked at the IBB site for the first time in months,and saw that they've a product called Ripwave Plus.

Product Ripwave Plus
    Price (monthly) €26.95
    Activation Fee €37.50
    Download Speed 1Mb
    Upload Speed 256K
    Contention Ratio 40:1
    Contract 6 month

Don't know anything about it,anyone else got any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

what a joke for business ethic they have and very bad customer service. 3 mix up's on their part to get a modem delivered. i took time off work to get modem delivered,and not delivered on 3 different occasions after organising dates and times with their customer service agents.customer service is non-existant.telling me modem is "on the way" and "courier will be there in <1hr", then not showing up. i ring to enquire about its where abouts, then same old story,"will be there this afternoon", nothing arrives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement