Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant hurls baked beans at photographer

Options
  • 25-04-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Picture this. :D From rte.ie/arts. http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0425/granth.html
    Actor Hugh Grant has been snapped attacking a photographer.

Grant reportedly threw a tub full of baked beans at a celebrity snapper who tried to take his photo in London.

According to British newspaper the Daily Record, he also aimed a flurry of kicks at the photographer.

The lensman and his partner had turned up to take pictures of Grant's ex Liz Hurley, who lives nearby in Chelsea, London. But the unnamed man asked Grant for a photo when he arrived home in his Audi.

The 43-year-old photographer said: "I asked him if he would give me a smile because he was standing with his head down.

"But he must have been having a bad day because he started chasing me down the street.

"He gave me a couple of kicks in the legs. Hugh then returned to his house and picked up a takeaway container with baked beans in it. I think it was lying outside his door.

"He then hurled it at me and the beans flew everywhere. I couldn't believe it. It was the kind of thing you expect Pete Doherty to do, not Hugh Grant."

The paparazzo has filed a complaint against the actor, and London police have said they will talk to Grant about the incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

But he must have been having a bad day because he started chasing me down the street.

lol.I guess thats a good indication he wasn't in the best of humor alright.

I'm disappointed with Hugh Grant though, i would have expected him to throw
    caviar at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

If he had thrown some toast as well, then they'd be able to have a nice breakfast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Way to go Hugh. Make yourself look like a bigger twonk than ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yowza - he's just been arrested! From the bbc.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6595297.stm
    Actor Hugh Grant has been arrested over an allegation he attacked a photographer in London, before throwing a tub of food at him.

Photographer Ian Whittaker told the Daily Star newspaper he was kicked before the tub was hurled at him.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 46-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of assault and has since been released on bail.

Mr Grant's lawyers confirmed an incident was now under investigation.

Romantic comedies

It is thought the alleged incident took place near the actor's west London home.

Mr Grant voluntarily presented himself at Notting Hill police station on Wednesday, where he was arrested and then questioned for an hour.

He has been bailed and will return for questioning in a month.

Mr Grant is best known for starring in romantic comedies such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and About a Boy.

In February, he topped the UK box office chart playing an ex-pop star in Music and Lyrics, alongside Drew Barrymore.

He famously dated model Elizabeth Hurley for 13 years. He recently split from Unicef ambassador Jemima Khan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Finally hugh is funny ;)

• Advertisement

descry wrote:
    Finally hugh is funny ;)

Pity Music & Lyrics wasn't. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back

/shakes fist at whoever thought that Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore were a believable couple

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyone know what brand of baked beans they were?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

waste of beans; whatever type.. could be an endorsement deal coming through though!

Hmmm, it looks like he threw a lunchbox full of beans rather than an actual tin. Guess that puts paid to any hopes of an endorsement deal.
    _42851847_hugh203.jpg

I really love this second pic; it's possibly the lamest kick I've ever seen in my life. The photographer looks bemused, which I'm guessing wasn't the reaction Hugh was looking for.
    _42851849_hugh203long.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, I saw those pictures yesterday on BBC after I posted. Oh well, I guess we'll see him back on television chat shows explaining how he was 'an awful arse really' and giving that famous cheeky boy grin, pretty soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement