Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arn Anderson

• 25-04-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

WWE have approached him about wrestling again. Story below.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Arn Anderson was recently approached about coming out of retirement. The original idea called for him to wrestle in one or two TV matches where he'd team up with Ric Flair to help market the Four Horsemen DVD. Triple H was the main person pushing for it, as was Stephanie McMahon.

Anderson was positive about the idea, but due to legal liabilities to the company in case he was injured with the pre-existing condition, it won't happen unless there is a medical clearance.

When the idea got out, the idea got out of control, to the point it was talked about him becoming a player/coach on RAW, similar to Finlay on SmackDown. The idea is that Anderson and Finlay are about the same age, and Finlay was out of action for several years, came back, and ended up being one of the best workers in the company.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That would be awesome. Although it must be unlikely that he'd be able to wrestle to his old standards. Finlay's injury was a leg injury, Arn's was with his neck, and a neck must be more serious. Arn was a great wrestler and if he can still go anywhere near as well as he used to, then I'd love to see him again

Steamboat too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Would be cool if they could pull it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It won't last though, although if Malenko comes out of retirement too, even if it's just for a few matches (and he does wrestle ocasionally during training periods), you could have Flair/Anderson/Benoit/Malenko. Which wouldn't be bad at all, even if it's for a nostalgia moment.

Cos god knows WWE is going for the record of nostalgia moments atm.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I can't wait to see the Horsemen dvd.

I wanna see how the f*ck they can justify throwing in Paul Roma as a substitute for Tully Blanchard!! Probs will be conveniently avoided though.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Nope he's in there. He actually bashes the hell out of Flair. The bit I've heard is quite comical. Roma is a funny guy in a deluded sort of way.

I actually liked Roma, and Powers for that matter, it's a shame that the Stallions were actually split and turned into jobbers (along with the Killer Bees) cos there was too many tag teams by the time 1988 rolled around, 20 years later and the complete opposite has happened now! But Roma was good in the ring, couldn't cut a promo to save his life, which is what half of the 4 horsemen's trait actually were. Great promos that grabbed you by the throat and said "dont f*cking leave that couch for as long as i'm talking"

Bringing him in there in the first place made no sense. Surprised he actually agreed to be on the DVD, but probably did it for the paycheque.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The Horsemen DVD is class, just finished watching it. It's very kayfabe-y as you would expect from Flair but it doesn't stop him shooting on the likes of Roma and Sid. The Roma bit is hilarious, "Ric Flair wanted to be me" is the greatest line ever, he's got a huge opinion of himself.

I thought they might do a Horsemen reunion after Blanchard was signed a few months ago, but I guess he was signed just to talk on the DVD. Since Benoit isn't doing anything notable at the moment, a Horsemen reunion would be cool, for nostalgia alone, but if they were going to do it, it should have been doing to coincide with the release of the DVD.

It would be cool to see Arn back, but he will need medical clearance and after what he's been through, I'd be shocked if he got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

They could still do it with Flair, Benoit, Malenko (if they could get him out of retirement) and Arn as manager. They could even throw Triple H in when he returns. I know a lot of people would hate Trips as a Horseman, but i'd like to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I wouldn't like to see a Horsemen group just consisting of the people mentioned. Benoit's the only guy who's not old and who still wrestles. As good as Flair can still be, having him together with two out-of-retirement wrestlers shouldn't really be striking fear into the younger guys on the roster. Some young guy should be given a rub by being in the group if they do have some sort of reunion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I just finished watching the wwe and I think that it is one of the best wwe dvd's that we have seen yet.
    Im glad that flair addressed certain things like,why he hates bischoff,what he thought about the number of 4 horsemen reunions and having wrestlers like roma in the 4 horsemen as well as appearing on WWE with the WCW heavyweight title.
    As for another possible reunion, Arn certainly wont be abe to make a comeback.When 7 vertabrae in the neck have been fused together there is no doctor on earth that will allow him to ever compete again.
    If it was to happen without Arn,I could see benoit,hhh,flair and someone else else being in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

fatal wrote:
    I just finished watching the wwe and I think that it is one of the best wwe dvd's that we have seen yet.
    Im glad that flair addressed certain things like,why he hates bischoff,what he thought about the number of 4 horsemen reunions and having wrestlers like roma in the 4 horsemen as well as appearing on WWE with the WCW heavyweight title.
    As for another possible reunion, Arn certainly wont be abe to make a comeback.When 7 vertabrae in the neck have been fused together there is no doctor on earth that will allow him to ever compete again.
    If it was to happen without Arn,I could see benoit,hhh,flair and someone else else being in it

If the Horsemen are to be "reformed", it can only IMO be done in two ways. Either you stick every Horseman that ever was onto Raw some night the next time Raw is down mid south in (including the Benoits, Sid's, Sting's and Roma's of this world) or you put the real Horsemen and work them somehow into some match on PPV; that is, Arn and Ole Anderson, Blanchard, Flair and JJ Dillon. Personally, the latter is the real winner.

Hamndegger wrote:
    If the Horsemen are to be "reformed", it can only IMO be done in two ways. Either you stick every Horseman that ever was onto Raw some night the next time Raw is down mid south in (including the Benoits, Sid's, Sting's and Roma's of this world) or you put the real Horsemen and work them somehow into some match on PPV; that is, Arn and Ole Anderson, Blanchard, Flair and JJ Dillon. Personally, the latter is the real winner.

Given how Ole Anderson feels about Vince McMahon, especially when it came to the amount he was offered for the DVD which he politely declined, the latter isn't gonna happen. It'll be Flair, Malenko, Blanchard and Benoit most likely with Arn in the advisors capacity, because Arn won't wrestle if he doesn't feel comfortable with it. Malenko has already wrestled a few matches during training rookies so theres no ring rust there.

Of course, knowing WWE they'll probably bring in Lombardi and Jim Powers! :confused:

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't think wwe should bring back any horsemen that aren't active in the ring already. In fact, I'd still relegate flair to the manager position.

There's probably no chance of anyone agreeing with me, but, if I were in WWE, and got the job of creating a new horsemen group, it'd be Flair as the manager, Benoit, Ken Kennedy (or maybe MVP), Charlie Haas, and Shelton Benjaman.

For it to work properly, each member of the team has to carry gold. Benoit or Kennedy with the World Title, (one with the world, one with the US Title) and the tag titles on the world's greatest tag team.

I'd nearly have MVP instead of Benoit.

Cactus Col wrote:
    There's probably no chance of anyone agreeing with me, but, if I were in WWE, and got the job of creating a new horsemen group, it'd be Flair as the manager, Benoit, Ken Kennedy (or maybe MVP), Charlie Haas, and Shelton Benjaman.

That in turn would be the biggest abortion to a legacy since they tried to turn Bob Holly and Bart Gunn into the new Midnight Express, something that Jim Cornette is still convinced is a rib on him by the higher ups to this day.

With all due respect, i'm glad you ain't on WWE Creative ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I would have to say it would just rock if Anderson snaped HHH with the Arn Anderson spinebuster :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Cactus Col's idea is a hell of a lot better than having Lex Luger, Paul Roma, Sid, Hiro Matsuda, Jeff Jarrett or Sting in the Horsemen. Those who had the talent didn't fit the bill personality-wise and vice versa. The criteria for the Horsemen is the wheelin' dealin', kiss stealin', limo ridin', jet flyin' son of a gun mentality personified by Flair and Blanchard in particular, accompanied by the beat 'em up style of the Anderson's. And talent.

Therefore, Kennedy as the "new Flair" works. I'd rather see Orton as the "new Blanchard", but MVP or even Nitro could work too. WGTT, if pushed right, can be the best tag team in WWE, therefore the "new Anderson's". Their only downfall is their lack of personality, so that's a stumbling block. Maybe put Benoit into a tag team with...I don't know, maybe CM Punk? Nah, he's straight Edge, it would never work. I'm thinking out loud now so I'll leave it. Flair is the "new JJ Dillion" though!

Advertisement