Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

texas map turtle

Options
  • 25-04-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

At the end of this year i am planning on getting a pair of turtles and after some research have decided that a texas map turtle would be best for me. But i don't even know if you can get them in Ireland, are they common or rare? and if i can get them how much would they cost? if not a texas map turtle what about other map turtles?

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Reptile Haven had maps for a while, any turtle other than YBS or RES can be very hard to find in Ireland. Ask Ben in Reptile Haven on Fishamble St., he may be able to order them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I will look into that, thanks for the help!

Even Red Ears are hard to find. I have been tring to find a yound red ear with no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 animalhelper

i have a yellow belly terripan but where i got mine, they sell map turtles too.
    it is €120 for the turtle, food, tank, heater, filter and pebbles!
    my turtle is 2 and a half years old and is so healthy!
    log onto www.newlands.ie
    that is where they are! : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

wow, €120 seems very cheap for a proper set up for a turtle, can you tell me exactly what you got? sizes etc. Might drop out to them for some equipment if they are that cheap. Did you get any lights at all, UV or even a heat lamp? A basking dock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

In swords there is 2 pet shops selling small red eared terrapins.
    i have 2 and both very healthy-i also have 2 map turtles and got them in the animal sanctuary in collen (meath i think) about 30 euro each..there very good swimmers and much more friendly than my terrapins!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dub_Gunner

I have just got a large red eared slider from kinsealy pet store. It is about 8-9 inches long and very healthy and they only charged me 20 euros :)

I had looked in the pet shop in coolock village first and they wanted 30 euros for a small one. I thought the bigger one for 20 was better value :

Anyway now i want to get a bigger tank for it as the one i have is a bit to small for it. Im thinking of something about 4 ft. Any one know a good place to get one cheap enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

How big do the map turtles grow anybody ? Size has to be a huge consideration with turtles. I'd go for the smallest if I was going down that route myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 reptileguy16

i only got rid of my pair of alabama map turt les a month ago try aquatic village in brittas he seems to have a lot of maps good luck

Advertisement