Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI customer care , they are sleeping at their desks....

Options
  • 25-04-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Well it happened to me last week,
    my cash card has been blocked in ATM due an failure. card was old and curved and it stuck there.. anyway I was surprised but didn't panic. immediately I made a call to BoI (their b...y 365 number)
    well it went ok, I identified myself, I had canceled my card and ordered a new one. standard procedure isn't it?. BUT I was wrong.
    I was waiting 5 working day and I didn't received any mail from BoI . I made a call to my branch.. Nothing there. So I called them back to their advertised happy number 365...
    Identified myself as procedure asks... surprise. my old card have not been canceled and a new order have not been received..
    almost fell down, SHOKED!!! how this can happen to a SUCH serious company? Whom then I was calling last week? Bank of Ireland or a fake call center in in 3rd world country?

SHAME !!!! BoI take 0.18 for each transaction to service my account but where is the service? I'm feeling robbed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Ok, first things first, What did the customer service advisor say? Did he / she give you a time frame for when to call into your branch?

Second, it appears that there was a breakdown of communication somewhere. Not defending it, but it does happen. With so many transactions happening per day something is bound to go amiss. However, as i've said I'm not defending it. The important thing is to get it sorted asap.

Third, Have you got your card yet? If not PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭zdragon

stepbar wrote:
    Ok, first things first, What did the customer service advisor say? Did he / she give you a time frame for when to call into your branch?

Second, it appears that there was a breakdown of communication somewhere. Not defending it, but it does happen. With so many transactions happening per day something is bound to go amiss. However, as i've said I'm not defending it. The important thing is to get it sorted asap.

Third, Have you got your card yet? If not PM me.
    exactly, communication breacks down but where ? have no ideea.. maybe BoI account managemnewnt system failed at meedweek and my data wasn't recovered?.
    of cource they gave me a time frame it happened last week on tursday.
    they said that should not take longer than 5 working days..
    yesterday I made this surprising (for me of cource) call. so I have to wayt another 5 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

maybe BoI account managemnewnt system failed at meedweek and my data wasn't recovered?.

I would highly doubt it.

More likely the fault of simple human error.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭zdragon

BuffyBot wrote:
    I would highly doubt it.

More likely the fault of simple human error.

who knows. **** happens :)
    but human error is too big .. they reccor d averything in teir system when a customerr call, even conversation is recorded.
    I'll ask for an investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yeah but to cancel and reissue a card only takes a couple of clicks on a computer so it would be fairly easy (not excusing it!) to omit to actually do it.

By all means complain, but the answer youll get will either be technical or human error most likely. I'd save my energy if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Where is your account and what branch did you ask for the card to be delivered to?
    As i've said if you need to pm me go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Probably someone forgetting to hit the last enter or mouse button unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

stepbar wrote:
    Where is your account and what branch did you ask for the card to be delivered to?
    As i've said if you need to pm me go ahead.
    Don't answer that question folks or PM.

Sets a bad precedent!

Advertisement