Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Cork run

• 25-04-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I stumbled upon this on the world wide web...sounds like a pretty cool initiative...to be honest though, I think they're a bit out of it, and I'm not sure they're gonna make it, but at least they're doing it for a good cause...
    What do ye think?

http://132000yards.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I think they are loopers but the idea is so crazy it just might work!

fair play to them, I've done a few marathons myself but this is just nuts and when U consider the route, there are plenty of climbs and open areas subject to winds which make it even more difficult.

But hey, good luck to them and as U say, it's for a worthy cause.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I read an article a few weeks back where a guy cycled from Malin head to Mizen head for charity on his own, or was it the other way around?? can't remember..

Anyway he did it in one day without sleep, 32 hours none stop or something nuts like that.. And to make it a little more difficult, he did it in the middle of winter so had driving rain and gale force winds to contend with..

Completely nuts.. I would class this along the same lines.. bloody mad!!!! :D

Advertisement