Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Wireless Router

• 25-04-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to get a wireless router to be used with NTL broadband,

I would like something that can be configure to do Port Forwarding, restrict some IP addresses to access the Internet as needed, Firewall, Nat, etc.

Does anyone have any good suggestions online or shops (Dublin) that I can get something for a good price.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dlco

Nearly all routers have this feature, you could try:
    http://www.komplett.ie
    You won't get much better price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Linksys WRT54GL should satisfy you're requirements. It's also possible to flash it with thirdpary firmware that extends it's capabilities beyond the official firmware.

Netgear would also be a good buy. Just make sure you don't pick up a wireless DSL modem by mistake. And avoid Belkin at all costs.

If in doubt, post back here with your shopping list and people will give you feedback on each model I'm sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

irlrobins wrote:
    Linksys WRT54GL should satisfy you're requirements. It's also possible to flash it with thirdpary firmware that extends it's capabilities beyond the official firmware.

Netgear would also be a good buy. Just make sure you don't pick up a wireless DSL modem by mistake. And avoid Belkin at all costs.

If in doubt, post back here with your shopping list and people will give you feedback on each model I'm sure.

You will find reviews from users on various models at www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

Buffalo whr-hp-g54, 3rd party firmware available, dd-wrt, tomato etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi All

thanks for your help.

Will probably go with a router from Komplett as they are the cheapest I found

The models I thought off are

Netgear WGR614IS
    D-Link DI-524/E
    Linksys WRT54GC
    or
    Linksys WRT54G

Doing a compare looks like the best might be the Netgear or WRT54G that was recommended.

If anyone has any comments on them please let me know so I can decide.

Thanks in adavance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement