Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with panasonic pv600

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Bought the tv from topvisionshop.de and the quality of the service and the tv are excellent.

I'm having a few problems with the analogue tuner though, the stations are coming in with good picture quality but no sound(loud hissing). If I 'fine tune' the station the picture degrades but I can hear some poor quality audio. Adjusting MPX, as suggested in the troubleshooting manual also doesn't solve the problem.

When originally tuning in the tv there is no option to choose Ireland(or England) for the countries settings, I've tuned it in using Germany, France and E. Europe as choices hoping there might be some frequency differences but it has made no difference. The aerial itself functions properly with my old tv(Sony crt).

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I could try next? I'll be getting sky installed in the next few weeks so it's not a major problem but I would like to get it to work.

Also, can the tv display anything but standard definition when using PIP and PAP. I've hooked up my xbox360 but the component output won't display when the xbox is set to HD.

Finally, would a universal wall mount be suitable for this tv, it seems to be slightly larger at the base than other models.

Sorry for so many questions,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

what you need to do is go to the set up menu, then tuning menu, then programme edit. the last column is sys (i think) change this to sc2 from sc1 on each channel and you're ready to roll.

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

forgot to read the rest of your post! no, only scarts & sd stuff can be used for PIP. and you can use a universal wall mount but you have to use spacers to build up the top to compensate for the bulge at the bottom of the tv. or try get the original panny bracket.

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Thanks for the help with the reception problem Big Moe, tv picture is perfect now. Thanks for replying to the other questions too. Looking forward to setting it up this weekend.

Advertisement