Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] billing issue?!?

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

one of my accounts has always been paid in dollary-do's but last month it got switched to yo-yo's....

are ccp allowed do that without notifying me?

the EULA says that its the players responsibility to keep track of how much is owed and the current subscription fees on the website, which i do. Nowhere did it state my subs were changing from one to the other.

im a bit peeved about it
    Hello,

I have reviewed the billing information for your accounts "xxxx" and "yyyyy" and it would appear that you have been paying in Euros for both of these accounts since creation, with the exception of one payment for the "yyyyy" account in August 2006. We are bound by law to charge all subscribers living in the European Union the subscription fee in Euro and I am therefore not permitted to change your payment currency to US dollars.

Regards,

GM Voodoo
    EVE Online Customer Support

i dont know whose accounts hes looking at but i sent him a paste from my CC statement with the payments for the last year in dollars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

They are right about that charging you euros cause you live in the EU but its not a obligation, its just a choice they have. Unfortunately unless they give you the choice its theirs to make not yours. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i dontm ind that, what i mind is the fact that ive always paid dollars and they switched it to euros without notification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

I wonder if you can use of those one-shot credit card things to pay in dollars instead? You could also I guess start buying GTCs off the web and start paying in dollars, I see very good resaon to pay in Dollars at the moment with the weaking Dollar against the Euro rates! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

So were you paying 15 dollars insted of 15 euros? Or did they round up the dollars to be the same as the euro price?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It will probably work out better in yoyos as the banks now are charging a percentage of the payment for dollar transactions. Or at least BOI is.

If people keep abusing it they will just raise the price of the US price. Surprised they haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i was paying in dollars, it usually ended up around 11.20-11.80 per month.

whats upsetting me now is the fact they are claiming i ALWAYS paid in euros and they have no record of me paying in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Quit yer bitchin and pay like all the rest of us. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

*snip* be nice Rene -R0ot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Yay, your first *rabble rabble* Root. I bet you feel all warm a squishy inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Rabble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Rabble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

Rabbel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Rabble

Rabble without a cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

*Sigh* Rabble