Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Body/paintshop on Northside

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Looking at gettin sideskirts sprayed and fitted and also door handles colour coded(2 handles) on Dublin Northside. Carcraft are charing 320 for this just want to see if anyone knows somewhere that will do this for cheaper but still a good job. 320 is a lot for this..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

If you know where the Yacht pub is I can help :)

In the lane right beside the yacht (left hand side if you stand facing the sea front) about half way up on the left there's a great place, black garage door. Can't miss the sprayshop.. Guy in there called Dave sorted me and my oul fella out for bodywork and spraying and was €170 (dent below rear light and cracked bumper , other minor touch ups). Asked me to bring it back after cos he wasn't happy with the colour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Yep I'm not too far from there. So is this an actual workshop or a small thing? Want it to be a really good job as handles are usually hard to do as the paint might wear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

I got my Golf resprayed by Carcraft... they gave me the best price around

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have heard mixed reports about Carcraft. Were you happy?

msdurden wrote:
    I got my Golf resprayed by Carcraft... they gave me the best price around

They've quoted me 320eur for just spraying the sideskirts and handles. No fitting of the skirts. I Have unofficially been quoted around 300eur for spraying the skirts,handles and all rubbing strips and fitting the skirts through a friend who knows the owner of a bodyshop. Waiting to get a proper quote back but I think carcraft is charging a lot there but very little??

What kind of timeframe is involved in this? Obviously they would have to get the paint from Fiat right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

320 is half right for this kinda job, it would not be more than a day,

today i had a nixer that was on a corsa was just a dent and few scratches, got it in at 9 and valeted 'n all by 2, not bad days work for €300.

-VB-

Nice one I'm checkin out a place tomorrow see what they quote me

Advertisement