Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-recording (reunited) mixing opinions

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭

http://media.putfile.com/Reunited160-newmix

check out the new mix, dont know why i took so long to do it i got pised at it one to many a time

the bass is a bloody bitch, but check it out see what u think if its beter or worse or ok :0

i think its beter but my ears have been listenin to it all fecking day,

still a few lo fi qualities creeping in, but still not too bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

firstly i really like this track as i said before and its def my favourite one of yours on your myspace homepage, i see you've changed the base line slightly(corerct me if i'm wrong), in my opinion that simple base line that just runs up and down the neck is so sweet and only changes when ya come to the end of your guitar solo(old track) as regards to the new funkier one

i think you may have changed the drums slightly also and added an extra

still in all it sounds very good al,

its very easy to over cook a song that ya come up with when ya make one cos its your baby, for me personally i can only see the faults in stuff that i come up with when i listen to it more than 10 times, so when i make a song i can't help but change it 5000 times to iron things out(or so i think i am anyways)

jusat be careful cos nobody else will be listening to that song half as much as yourself;)

hope my point is concise also;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i get ya man completly, same bass line jus more in the mix, i even remixed it since!!! im a freak about getin this perfect, if such a perfect buncha music in my head for this one i just want to get it into the music its so hard!

this songs means a lot and i dont wana ruin it by overdoing it, but i wana get it good, i love it, but i still notice the bad things ive gota focus on the 95%good things rather than the bend thats 1.4 outa tune ya know i obsesse about it!

i listen to it once and think awww it sucks,, listen twice i think aw not to bad then 3 times i tihnk its ok, bleh i hate it mixing with mediocre gear its so hard + new drum track yes... thers 2 overall in the final master, im a weirdo trying to sound profesional with bad stuff, but i gota try.... im up till 4-5am recording stuff trying to get it professional but just cant, well to the best i can at least, tis tough

ive heard it eadily 1000 times and done over 100 takes for each guitar track,

+ man ii left the house at 7.30pm yesterday its now 9.00am im jus home.. im ****ing twisted and ****ed up

lol once ya like tha tunes tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm listening thru a crappy computer speaker so can't really comment on the mix but the tune is fantastic. Excellent work man. That's all from the POD eh?

Advertisement