Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB dropping out tonight

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Anybody having problems with their Eircom BB tonight? Mine's dropped out a few times already. reset the Router but iot keeps happening. I'm in the Bray area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yeah, I'm in Bray too and mine played up yesterday during the morning for a while, and also last night. Had a bit of a hiccup this morning too.

Rebooted my router, and got the DSL synch light up on the modem, but the router couldn't authenticate for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

We're in Bray, too.... we've had eircom for over a year & just the last couple of months have had problems each & every day - worse over the w/ends - the adsl link goes down & stays down for anything from 2/3 mins at a time, usually it's about 5-10mins, the longest so far was 1hr 47mins. this happens several times a day.

We've changed ethernet cable, adsl cable, router, nothing makes any difference & we've been onto eircom countless times, latest was last wk when they sent an eng. because it appears to be an intermittent fault all he could do was tug the adsl cable going into the wall socket (i kid you not!) to see if there was a 'loose connection'. He then phoned back to say they were going to change our line to another port in the exchange to see if that made any difference, it made it worse....

We use a SonicWall hardware firewall, which keeps lovely detailed logs of when the link goes down..... eircom have declined (so far) to see the logs....

Anyone else got any ideas?

Jtk

Advertisement