Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US/IRL] 3x18 - "D.O.C. [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

NUTZZ wrote:
    No, what I meant by this was not that 815 had been found but just the whole idea of it, wether true or not.

Aye, i still am finding it hard to believe that the plane has been found. If it has it has been found many 1000's of miles from the Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

jor el wrote:
    Juliet did say that sperm count is up by a factor of four or five, can't remember the exact number now either. I still don't see how that means Kate is pregnant though.

eh kate and sawyer had sex...????? The others know this. SPerm count up, no contraception I think it would be less believable if she isnt pregnant.

descry wrote:
    eh kate and sawyer had sex...????? The others know this. SPerm count up, no contraception I think it would be less believable if she isnt pregnant.

We dont know if they did or didnt yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

7/10

(Can't believe one poster gave it a 3....you must really hate Lost.)

Nope. I religiously watch Lost and generally enjoy it. I just thought this episode was a waste of space.

BTW, Naomi/parachute girl didn't say "I'm not alone". she said "I am not a gnome".

:D

hughchal wrote:
    Nope. I religiously watch Lost and generally enjoy it. I just thought this episode was a waste of space.

BTW, Naomi/parachute girl didn't say "I'm not alone". she said "I am not a gnome".

:D

Explain how it was a waste of space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

hughchal wrote:
    I'm getting pretty tired of Juliette's slightly enigmatically curled lip - seems like that's the only piece of acting she's capable of - as an actor she's pretty one-dimensional. The series needs a good dose of Locke, Sayid and Sawyer to brighten up. Meh.

Or her constantly raised eyebrow and twinkle (or is it) in her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She looks sinister :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

descry wrote:

descry, sounds like you need a biology lesson. Dunno if you're a bloke or a gal, but I'm guessing a bloke.

Women have a monthly cycle, right? Assume it's of the order of 28 days, give or take. On day 14, they ovulate - this is when they're at their most fertile. Sperm can survive inside a woman for 3 days on average, but up to 5 days is normal. The most fertile period covers the time from 5 days before to 2 days after ovulation. That adds up to 7, and corresponds to the second and the beginning of the third week of the cycle.

We don't know Kate's cycle, we can't even guess. But considering she's had intercourse with Sawyer on separate occasions only twice, the chances of her being pregnant are maybe 1 in 4, by no means a racing certainty. This also assumes she's healthy in other departments and that her diet has sufficient fats and proteins. Understand?

;)

gutta wrote:
    descry, sounds like you need a biology lesson. Dunno if you're a bloke or a gal, but I'm guessing a bloke.

Women have a monthly cycle, right? Assume it's of the order of 28 days, give or take. On day 14, they ovulate - this is when they're at their most fertile. Sperm can survive inside a woman for 3 days on average, but up to 5 days is normal. The most fertile period covers the time from 5 days before to 2 days after ovulation. That adds up to 7, and corresponds to the second and the beginning of the third week of the cycle.

We don't know Kate's cycle, we can't even guess. But considering she's had intercourse with Sawyer on separate occasions only twice, the chances of her being pregnant are maybe 1 in 4, by no means a racing certainty. This also assumes she's healthy in other departments and that her diet has sufficient fats and proteins. Understand?

;)

And that concludes todays lesson class, thank you and please come again ;);)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

gutta wrote:

;)

Oh, and you can't get pregnant if you do it standing up...

Women can get pregnant at any time during their cycle, even smack bang in the middle of their period. If the sperm count is 4 or 5 times higher, it increases her chance of getting pregnant 4 or 5 times. So it's extremely likely that she is, or will get, pregnant. Jin was infertile and he managed to knock Sun up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

The scientific facts behind conception will have no bearing on whether Kate is pregnant or not. If she is pregnant, it's because the writers have decided it'll make for good drama.

agamemnon wrote:
    The scientific facts behind conception will have no bearing on whether Kate is pregnant or not. If she is pregnant, it's because the writers have decided it'll make for good drama.

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

Faith wrote:
    Women can get pregnant at any time during their cycle, even smack bang in the middle of their period.

possible — but highly unlikely.

Kate pregnant after two shags? I doubt it, but there again maybe the series will prove me wrong.

As agamemnon has mentioned, it is not up to us to prove if it is possible to get pregnant after being with Sawyer once/twice or if she is in the middle of her cycle.

It is up to the writers to decide to make her pregnant for the benifit of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

man1 wrote:
    Or her constantly raised eyebrow and twinkle (or is it) in her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if her acting is limited. Either way it adds mystery to her character. I hope we get some answers to her charcter by the end of this series!

I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if her acting is limited. Either way it adds mystery to her character. I hope we get some answers to her charcter by the end of this series!

Yeah its more like mystery in her character. She is always thinking and i think her eyebrow thing makes her look dodgy and also makes the viewers think she is up to no good when in actually fact we have NO idea what she is really up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Ben cancer is not curing as he was born on the island...

he has a kind of immunity to it's cures maybe...

jackdaw wrote:
    Ben cancer is not curing as he was born on the island...

he has a kind of immunity to it's cures maybe...

Yes but then how did Ben get the cancer in the first place? The Island is meant to stop the forming of cancer in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

logik wrote:
    Yes but then how did Ben get the cancer in the first place? The Island is meant to stop the forming of cancer in the first place.

Who said that?
    I don't recall ever hearing it stops cancer forming.

It cured Rose, but nobody said it stopped it forming in the first place.

We don't know exactly what can and what cant happen on the island, hence the mystery behind it.

Who said that?
    I don't recall ever hearing it stops cancer forming.

It cured Rose, but nobody said it stopped it forming in the first place.

We don't know exactly what can and what cant happen on the island, hence the mystery behind it.

Ben stated many times, people on the Island don't get cancer. Which is why Juliet lost the plot with him when she discovered Ben had cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I thought it was more along the lines of that Jacob could cure cancer?

Nah, if you watch the ep again where Juliet wants to leave the Island you will see Ben saying it.

Advertisement