Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History modding

Options
  • 26-04-2007 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to have to bring this up but I've reported several posts over the last few weeks on this forum and they never seem to get addressed. There are multiple instances of people drifting waaaay off topic, insulting each other, posting full articles and other annoying habits that people get when a forum isn't modded. Do any of the mods for the forum actually visit it? I haven't seen any of them post on it at the very least for six weeks now and I suspect it may have been longer. I just think this needs to be looked at.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Mark and PHB have both been online in the past day. They would got the reported posts and possibly decided that no action was needed.

Have you sent either or them a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't know whats happening, have you PMed the mods?

Can you also work on your own sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seems like a perfectly acceptable sig to me, although, i would widen the catchment area of the sig to include linux users...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your idea of "acceptable" is another man's genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What should I say in the pm, that I want them to mod more? I'm not trying to boss people around (although that might not be evident from my first post) I just want to know if the mods of history actually check on it much or at all, since they never seem to post on it. I've reported several posts in the same thread, I would've thought they would've either pm-ed me to tell me to shut up or had a look at the thread and let people know that mods were actually reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's possible your reported posts haven't been getting through, I suppose. When did you last report one, approximately? I can check and see if it's there for you.

Last night I reported one a few minutes before this thread, and this morning about half an hour ago I reported something in AH:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm not getting reported posts from the horse racing forum at the minute. Seems to be a glitch in the matrix.

Oh suxors. If there's a problem with the reports then I'm sorry for bitching about mods.

brian, I checked and both those reports you mentioned are there, along with another one from a few days ago.

You could PM the mods to bring their attention to this thread, or just politely ask why they haven't responded to the posts that you reported.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Faith, it's possible that the mods didn't get the Reported Post email though, as f2b said.

feylya wrote:
    Faith, it's possible that the mods didn't get the Reported Post email though, as f2b said.

Oh okay, I didn't realise that was happening too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I see that as of 10.50 this morning the mod has stepped in with a friendly warning.

r3nu4l wrote:
    I see that as of 10.50 this morning the mod has stepped in with a friendly warning.

Yes indeed it was very good of them.:) All's well again in brianland!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Oh suxors. If there's a problem with the reports then I'm sorry for bitching about mods.

your reported post for the AH forum is there. I dont know if anyone has looked at it yet, but i am opening the link as i type this...

Its cool Karoma was keeping an eye on that thread. I'm glad everything resolved without having six pages of normal feedback stuff. Now if anyone wants to finish off with a nice owl pic that would be super. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

alrightythen.jpg

Advertisement