Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods Q.

Options
  • 26-04-2007 4:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

how come mods keep deleting my sigs?

i have seen several humungous sigs, eg: the minister (who is a mod, *cough)

so is there a special rule here for some people or somethin?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The rules are here. Your signature had at least 10 lines of small text which interrupted the flow of the threads and looked awful.

Post here to report signatures that don't follow the guidelines and the admins or smods will get around to fixing them. Your post belongs in Feedback (moving to there, hope thats okay AH mods).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What Ruu said.

I think you'll find that the sig rules are applicable to everyone. A long standing mod recently had theirs edited, despite a disclaimer in the sig, and a commendable reason for having it in the first place. It's the fairest way.

No conspiracy here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Roundy, did you read the bit about centred sigs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Legs11, only SMods and Admins can delete sigs, regular mods can't.

Just so you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Where's that, H?

Left justified for now anyway, I think centred is neater, but there you go:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

ok then lads,

thats fair nuff then......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

why dont pics show up in my siggy?

just get blank box.

pah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

would the advertising something bit cover political parties. I expect it wouldn't but I don't like having to look at enda kenny's face or orga fianna fail slogans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There seems to be a problem with pictures hosted at rapidshare, try Imageshack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

humbert wrote:
    would the advertising something bit cover political parties.
    It's still under discussion afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think we are going to come down on the side of allowing politcal party images but NOT politicians faces/endorsements/vote-for-me images.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    I think we are going to come down on the side of allowing politcal party images but NOT politicians faces/endorsements/vote-for-me images.

DeV.

Does that include images which are humourous?

e.g. (I know it's beyond the signature rules)

bertiepissmatchlesssmall.jpg

The endorsement bit is slightly abiguous. When the picture isn't mocking the party like the one above it's function is usually endorsement. Anyway I think I know what's meant. Bah, means I'm gonna have to look at crap like this :(

ogra.jpg

humbert wrote:
    The endorsement bit is slightly abiguous. When the picture isn't mocking the party like the one above it's function is usually endorsement. Anyway I think I know what's meant. Bah, means I'm gonna have to look at crap like this :(

ogra.jpg

You could just turn signatures off in your User CP?

I suppose, tbh I'm just being grumpy:o It's not that big a deal. Silly political party fanboys, mutter, mutter...

Advertisement