Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Christianity Forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought the thread was locked because we had gone off the point.
    Here's the quote from Brian:

"I'm locking this because it is going way off topic and heading nowhere."

You obviously have it in for me as well Jackass, following me around and over to this thread and trying to get a few digs in and arguing with me to make this feedback thread a mess.
    Why not just let me give my feedback!!!!!!!

That's just plain out of order considering that you tried to cover up the existence of an extra thread being posted at the start. Infact I reported your post to BrianCalgary and that is the reason why you are banned in the first place. I'm here because I want to promote decent discussion on the Christianity forum instead of having to put up with your childish behaviour.

Looking forward to your response by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Jakkass wrote:
    That's just plain out of order considering that you tried to cover up the existence of an extra thread being posted at the start. Infact I reported your post to BrianCalgary and that is the reason why you are banned in the first place. I'm here because I want to promote decent discussion on the Christianity forum instead of having to put up with your childish behaviour.

Looking forward to your response by the way.
    Ridiculous, I never tried to cover up, I summarized what happened!
    Read my first post in the feedback thread:

"I was warned for using the word "pathetic". I found this ridiculous and challenged it i.e what was wrong? Me thinking patronizing remarks about me were pathetic or me saying what I was thought.
    I was banned.
    I do not think this is fair."

Your rhetoric "out of order" "cover up" is pointing towards you are just against me. If you want to upgrade the Christianity forum, upgrade your charter. It is ridiculous to pick on me, why not start by picking on the Creationalist thread! How ridiculous is it to have go at me and not of the tripe that is on that thread? You are just trying to turn this feedback thread into a joke and force a mod to lock it, I ask you not to do that.

I am the one banned here not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ridiculous, I never tried to cover up, I summarized what happened!
    Read my first post in the feedback thread:

As a reader of the thread, with no background info of the complaint or forum, I definetly felt mislead by your opening post. I found this deceit to be deliberate and calculated, and also quite childish and pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Your rhetoric "out of order" "cover up" is pointing towards you are just against me. If you want to upgrade the Christianity forum, upgrade your charter. It is ridiculous to pick on me, why not start by picking on the Creationalist thread! How ridiculous is it to have go at me and not of the tripe that is on that thread? You are just trying to turn this feedback thread into a joke and force a mod to lock it, I ask you not to do that.

Stop victimising yourself. You know that you are banned for creating a new thread after the original was locked. You need to learn to take responsibility for your own actions. I'm against your actions, I have no particular bias towards you apart from the fact that we all know how childish you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

And unfortunately Tim still doesn't get it.

I don't have it in for him, if I did I would have banned him ages ago.

If I did he'd never be welcomed back. He is welcome back and this thread doesn't help.

I also banned him after asking another mod if I was overreacting or being overly sensitive.

Tim, many have recieved little warnings, I have recieved reprimands from regular posters, both by PM and by post. In all cases apologies have been served, forgiveness sought and given.

I explained that I felt your term 'pathetic' was directed at an individual which contravened charter rule 7. You choose to fight and srgue the point, instead of saying 'woops I'm sorry adn I'll try and be better'.

We mods are volunteers, I sit in my office and monitor the goings on. Sometimes it can be difficult and all I am looking for is cooperation ( I imagine most mods would agree, although I'm not going to speak on their behalf).

You got a warning th eweek before, you got one on a thread that ended up being locked and then you wanted to start another thread belabouring the point. I don't have the time nor can I be bothered with it.

• Advertisement

... calculated, and also quite childish and pathetic.
    The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They might actually have a point Thaedydal.

Yes but that point is off topic in this forum and no matter how wonderful or relvent that point was clearly you expressed it in a manner that got you banned from the forum. Coming here to futher and publise and publish your point is an abuse of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The irony.
    Dear God give me strenght! You really are an idiot.

Dear God give me strenght! You really are an idiot.
    Keep "God" out of it or go to the Christianity forum please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I suppose there's no chance everyone would just "turn the other cheek" and let the matter die a natural death?

/edit with no ressurections of course ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

How presumptous of you he never infered which god.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You do realise you are just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole?

Thaedydal wrote:
    How presumptous of you he never infered which god.
    Good point. Apologies. I withdraw the comment. Keep God to the Spirituality forums please.

Blowfish wrote:
    You do realise you are just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole?
    Yeah, I think I have p*ssed of more the entire boards.ie community, unfortunately. This is what a few people in wanted, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Yeah, I think I have p*ssed of more the entire boards.ie community, unfortunately. This is what a few people in wanted, I guess.

Boy Tim, no one wants that.

No one forced you to post here and on the A&A forum with your complaints, it is all you.

Take some responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what a funny thread

Boy Tim, no one wants that.

No one forced you to post here and on the A&A forum with your complaints, it is all you.

Take some responsibility.
    Why don't you take some responsibility Brian?
    Remember that debate about the logic validity of Christianity involving amongst others, you, me and Scofflaw?
    Well here are some of the comments about me and put to me which you seemed to think were fine and didn't warrant a warning:

"Since my opinion of you can hardly go lower at this stage"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52782972#post52782972

"Young man (or woman), you're an ass."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046783&page=8

"Arrogance combined with ignorance is a particularly unappealing combination."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046783&page=7

"You come across in this debate as both arrogant and ignorant."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046783&page=7

Now before anyone starts saying to me, those comments aren't too bad or it's up to Mods to decide what's acceptable. That's all fine.
    But for me to get a serious warning for saying an argument is "pathetic" and for you to ignore all those comments up there which directed at me not even my arguments or my opinions shows the bias you have against me.

Now I could dig around and find more evidence of bias, but what's the point?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You own your own words.

Hands up who remembers that little gem eh? It just keeps on tickin'

Locked because this is never going to end.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement