Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn The Clock in Post Date Column Forward 1 Hour, Please !

• 26-04-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Men/Women of BOARDS,

The clock in the Post Date column of Latest Threads is an hour behind the real time.

It's not a big thing but it makes tracking one's threads a bit handier when the time on the Post Date is the actual local time.

Regards,

Tak.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's fine for me. If it's not working for you, go to your user CP, to Options, and change your settings to GMT +1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

User Cp - Edit Options - Automatically Detect DST Settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Have applied the change to GMT + 1 - no change, still 1 hour behind.

Also tried auto detect DST and local DST switched on - still 1 hour behind.

Let's just leave it !

Tak.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mine has been the same when looking at the boards.ie home page for a munber of months?? *shruggs shoulders*

Sparks400 wrote:
    Mine has been the same when looking at the boards.ie home page for a munber of months?? *shruggs shoulders*

To hell with it.

But I see you put up a photo as an avatar.

I was trying to import an image to my avatar but saw no obvious way of doing it. . .

Would you please tell how does a bloke do this, Sparks ?

Regards,

Tak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You can put your avatar onto your profile in the UserCP section. There's a link at the left handside that says "Edit Avatar". In here you can choose from the pre-existing ones, or at the bottom of the page there's two boxes, one lets you put in the web address of a picture you want, and the other lets you upload one. Your picture has to be 64 by 64 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever one is the smaller).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Custom avatars are only available to subscribers.

tak wrote:
    To hell with it.

But I see you put up a photo as an avatar.

I was trying to import an image to my avatar but saw no obvious way of doing it. . .

Would you please tell how does a bloke do this, Sparks ?

Regards,

Tak.

Beaten to it :) as above tak.

See my sig for subscribing.

humanji wrote:
    at the bottom of the page there's two boxes, one lets you put in the web address of a picture you want, and the other lets you upload one.

I see no such option, Humanji.

Look at attached print screen, yourself.

Tak.

tak wrote:
    I see no such option, Humanji.

Look at attached print screen, yourself.

Tak.

As Hagar pointed out, you need to subscribe for custom avatars

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I just realised, I'm getting the same wrong time stamp on the front page. That's a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

me too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its been like this since BST kicked in. The front page is always an hour behind the game.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

mike65 wrote:
    Its been like this since BST kicked in. The front page is always an hour behind the game.

Mike.

Yep needs an admin to change forum default time to GMT+1 which is what we will be using until the clocks go back.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Does that mean the nightly back up will happen at 2:05 approx instead of 3:05?

:D

Advertisement