Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb of 3 bed semi- don't have a clue!

Options
  • 26-04-2007 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I'm starting a refurb of a 3 bed semi-d (15 years old) - the following needs to be done:
    New doors (external and internal), windows (aluminium clad), kitchen (chosen), bathroom, en-suite and guest wc, velux in garage conversion and bathroom, stira and floored attic, added insulation in garage conversion and possibly roof, fireplace and wardrobes.

Any suggestions please on which to do first/last?? I'm not sure if our boiler needs to be replaced because we're getting new pump showers in - will a plumber advise me on that or what should I do please?!

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This will be better off in DIY

Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Get the plumber in first to advise on boiler etc.
    Velux in garage conversion and bathroom together with Bathroom and en-suites (before the new windows, in case you decide to modify a wall etc)
    Windows.
    Kitchen.
    Fireplace second last.
    Wardrobes and doors last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sorry, incorrect thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 refurbnovice

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah think about everything you want to do first, so plumbing/electrics etc.
    Its a pain in the ass to have to retro-fit plumbinbg after you have tiled the bathroom for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Like greebo says anything that involves water/electrics first

I'm presuming the roof, is that of the garage. Here's the rough order I'd go for

en-suite and guest wc,
    bathroom,
    velux in garage conversion and bathroom,
    fireplace
    windows (aluminium clad),
    stira and floored attic,
    added insulation in garage conversion and possibly roof,
    New doors (external and internal),
    kitchen (chosen),
    wardrobes.

It sounds like a lot of work... did you think about getting a builder in to co-ordinate it all for you?

Advertisement