Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reversing around a corner

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Ah, excellent diagram bonkey.

Thank you thank you :)
    A point forgotten is that if the car B is stationary then car C has no idea of their intentions (indicators may be used for parking).
    To a point. Car B would be moving until he saw Car C and Car C saw him. At that point, he'd stop. Car C should conclude that he's either reached his destination anyway, or that he was reversing to go around the corner, and is now stopped to let him past.
    I do see your points and agree that any accident (as are most) would be mainly due to driver error. However I do think that situations where drivers are "tempted" to take undue risks should be avoided if possible.
    As I mentioned earlier...I agree that this is not a suitable manouevre for anywhere thats approaching busy. It is considered (here in Schweiz-land) permissable in stuff like residential areas, where everyone should/will be going slowly and cautiously anyway.
    There are better/safer ways of testing reversing skills than this
    Agreed.

Its generally tested here as one of the tougher moves. If you can do it, you can do a straight line. Parallel parking is almost always tested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lads, I think you are over emphasising the visability issue with reversing a car around a corner. Those of us who have done the articulated truck test would have reversed a 45ft trailer around a corner where visibility would be a much greater issue in conjunction with the blind spots inherent in articulated vehicles.

Advertisement