Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court AGM

Options
  • 26-04-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I missed the AGM on tuesday, got the wrong flippin day, thought it was tonight, anyhow was anyone at it........how did it go....parking, sky dishes etc. I rang but was couldnt tell me when the minutes would be out?!?! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Out of a total of somewhere in the region of 250 dwellings in Charlesland Court..there were no more than 28 people at the AGM.

As for the minutes of the meeting, and all of the work done by the committee over the past 12 months...I think the statistic speaks for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Out of a total of somewhere in the region of 250 dwellings in Charlesland Court..there were no more than 28 people at the AGM.

As for the minutes of the meeting, and all of the work done by the committee over the past 12 months...I think the statistic speaks for itself

Jaysus, that is poor and I know the committee do great work over there, everyone else is trying to catch up!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

might be an idea to post a reminder on this site a few days in advance of a meeting, I got the notice last month like everyone else in the Court and I was really eager to attend because I wanted to voice an opinion on the parking issue, but it simply slipped my mind until I seen this thread a couple of days after the event. Had there been a reminder Im sure there would have been a much larger turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wineman wrote:
    might be an idea to post a reminder on this site a few days in advance of a meeting, I got the notice last month like everyone else in the Court and I was really eager to attend because I wanted to voice an opinion on the parking issue, but it simply slipped my mind until I seen this thread a couple of days after the event. Had there been a reminder Im sure there would have been a much larger turnout.

I think you're over-estimating the number of people who read this board.

sorry...then maybe a couple of other people may have turned up.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I have to apologise for not makin it either - the work that the committee does is greatly appreciated and the lack turn out is no reflection on this (My lack of turning up anyway!).
    Good work all!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Wineman wrote:

I asked the Mgmt co. could they in future send a reminder and she said they legally had to inform people 3wks in advance and this is what they did, in other words....NO :rolleyes:

LMC wrote:
    I asked the Mgmt co. could they in future send a reminder and she said they legally had to inform people 3wks in advance and this is what they did, in other words....NO :rolleyes:

Does this suggest that they perform their duties to the minimum requirements and would prefer it if there were a smaller turnout as there would be less people with issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

LMC wrote:
    In thier defence (yeah, me!) they do issue that reminder and all you need to do is stick it in your diary, set a reminder on your phone or whatever.

They can't be expected to hold your hand and bring you along! :)

As for smaller turnouts making for less issues, the Wood AGM last year was very poorly attended and some major issues were raised including incomplete accounts and possible overcharging.

If people feel strongly enough about something they'll act on it.

Advertisement