Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2900XTX BLown away by the 8800GTX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

well it's bit early to tell. there seem to be a lot of questions to be answered. Thank god i dont buy top end cos if this is true then there will be no hope for price drops from nvidia. at least the XT looks good. Still i'll wait for a few weeks after rollout to upgrade just in case. i'm not a fan boy i just want to get best performance to price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Benchmarks were only done at 12x10 though, so the results would be cpu limited. Not definitive, but not a good indicator for ATI. The only thing is that r600 is supposedly going to be a lot cheaper than g80. If the XTX is priced at GTS or 8600 levels then it gets more interesting. The 8800 is WAY overpriced at the top end. Farcical levels of pricing. (though we say that every time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Yeah thats why i hope the xtx does turn out to be a lot better cos if it doesnt prices, at least at the top end, will stay at there extremely high levels. Do you really think they'll bring in the xtx at gts price levels? they'll probably have too. Although at 8600 price levels it would be an awesome card?!?! i hear Ati are planning a dual GPU card though, maybe this will do the job. And if it's true that the R600 is cheaper it might be plausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yes there is to be a dual gpu card which is to be aimed against the 8800gtx. But it is meant to be over 800$.

Advertisement