Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a GP!

Options
  • 26-04-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I'm relatively new to Galway and I'm looking for a decent GP in the city centre or around the NUIG or headford road. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I go to Dr. Carmel Bambury at 21 Sea Road (Accross the road from the Jez).

I'm not sure of the name of the other doctor there, but they're both really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have gone to the one on Eyre Square. Small green door across from Cuba/bar903, next to a bookie I think. Can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Cheers for that lads. I'll give them a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Zapho wrote:
    I'm relatively new to Galway and I'm looking for a decent GP in the city centre or around the NUIG or headford road. Any recommendations?

There is a Doctor in the Tesco Shopping Center on the headford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

There is a Doctor in the Tesco Shopping Center on the headford road.

Dr Colohan, A realy sound guy, works till 6 most days & no need for an appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Dr Colohan, A realy sound guy, works till 6 most days & no need for an appointment.

Ah sweet as a nut, just what I was looking for. Cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ylka

I have changed a few.... i think this is the best!!!! ( at least for me....)
    Dr. Gerard P. Brennan, 44 Lower Newcastle, Galway
    phone 524085

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I'll second that, very sound. Only reason i moved to another Docter is that he is the wrong side of the city for me.

cheers

My old family GP was out in Seacrest. Need to get my own now as the family one has is now in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i havnt seen a doc in about 13 years. apart from going to the hospital for a broken arm. didnt even see much of a doc then.

"Get him an xray"
    "Get him a cast"

That was basically the height of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Resurrecting this - any of these GPs operate outside regular hours e.g later some evening in the week or on a Saturday. Want to avoid taking time off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Westdoc operate at weekends but they're not intended as a replacement for your regular gp apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

cornbb wrote: »
    Westdoc operate at weekends but they're not intended as a replacement for your regular gp apparently
    That's a bugger .. might have to time a lunch break around the opening hours of one of the GPs nearby so.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Looks like I need to be registered with a GP first - I'm new to Galway, so I need to get 'on the books' first :).

Advertisement