Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More fool me or banks on the rob?

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Ah yes - the old more "CONVENIENT" banking.

Went in last week to pay some bills. Went into the AIB branch near where I live. Was told that I couldnt pay it there as it wasnt where my account was held. "Right" I said, so how can I pay them then? The woman gave me a card with some numbers on it (24hr banking - I already use internet banking but rarely phone banking).

Rang the number, very nice customer service etc. She set up the bill accounts and I paid them, everything lovely. Next thing I get the "beep" your credits is running low beep. I thought, how can this be right? I only topped up with €10 that morning? I looked at the card, no information of call cost or anything (I had looked at it before I rang, but as I saw no information, I thought "ah shur, its AIB" for some reason I thought it would be like calling a place like "Vodafone" with a problem.

More fool me or banks on the rob?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Isn't that more to do with your mobile company charging you than the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed, the numbers they use are lo-call numbers. Find out how much your provider charges you for calling those numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's how things are done!

And it's a pain that such lo-call numbers aren't covered in inclusive minute plans being provide by the networks either :(

Ring up your banking and ask them for the "international number" that you can call from abroad. Usually a Dublin number which may work out cheaper for you. Compare prices with your operator first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah its annoying but its not the bank but your mobile operator. If its a lo-call number try and ring in the evening or from a landline.

Advertisement