Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road Rage / Middle Finger

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

cavedave wrote:
    "Have you ever gotten pissed off in traffic? Like, really pissed off? I think we all have. We've thrown finger gestures and wedged our heads out of the window and screamed "LEARN TO F*CKING DRIVE, F*CKER!!" We've all pulled the gun out of the glove compartment and let a few fly at the offending car. Not firing at their head or anything. Just, you know, at their tires.

Now imagine yourself standing in an elevator with three other people, two friends and a coworker. A friend goes to hit a button and accidentally punches the wrong one. Would you lean over, your mouth two inches from her ear, and scream "LEARN TO OPERATE THE ****ING ELEVATOR BUTTONS, ****CAMEL!!"

They'd think you'd gone insane."

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/monkeysphere.html
    Thanks for that brilliant link. A great read - really funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

overdriver wrote:
    Heartwarming story, Spit!!

:D

(Hope you're going to swing by next week to check out my new Triumph, given you're in the area??)

What area is that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Andrewf20 wrote:
    I suffer from road rage. Recent incidents include roaring my head off with rage behind the wheel after been stuck in a queue of cars blocked by a car at the front trundling along the sliproad coming onto the M50 at 35 mph.

I have no patience whatsoever for drivers who are not clued into even the basics of driving. Even as a passenger I can get freaked!

You will achieve peace and serenity when you eventually realise your inevitable potential and either kill or maim someone, quite possibly yourself !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

What area is that now?
    Same area we were both in when you were going to show me the Spitfire, and I was going to show you the Herald a few months back. Unless you've moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I met some moron on the M1 tonight who drove like he was trying to cause an accident and finished our encounter (just before I left the motorway) by undertaking me (I was at the back of a line of five or six cars) and then pulling over in an attempt to run me off the road. After this exceptional driving display had gotten him in front of me (because I didn't want his sh1theap Hiace to be the demise of my car), he then proceeded to give me the finger.

I have his reg, any point in doing any more about it? Or do I already know the answer to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

Guys, what happens, if anything, when you report the morons you encounter on the road? There's a particular spot I know where there's single line traffic over a narrow rural bridge, oncoming cars heading into a village are supposed to yield to cars leaving, but frequently you get chancers barging through forcing traffic with the right of way to yield. And of course, sticking up the fingers when you flash them or blow at them. I often thought of reporting them but never have.

Reallllllllly bloody annoys me. I was overtaking heading from Kentstown to Navan recently and ahead of me on a long straight a car was looking to pull out from the right, as I was overtaking I assumed he'd seen me and wouldn't do anything ridiculous like pull out into the road.

Alas, no, this was too much to hope for and out he comes regardless forcing me to dangerously cut back into the middle of the two cars I was passing. I gave him the lights, he gives me the wanker sign.

Sometimes I despair about the way this country is going I really do, but tell me, is it the Garda traffic watch you call and do they actually do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I was overtaking heading from Kentstown to Navan recently and ahead of me on a long straight a car was looking to pull out from the right, as I was overtaking I assumed he'd seen me and wouldn't do anything ridiculous like pull out into the road.

Do you mean you were overtaking approaching a junction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Guys, what happens, if anything, when you report the morons you encounter on the road? ........................Sometimes I despair about the way this country is going I really do, but tell me, is it the Garda traffic watch you call and do they actually do anything?

They cant do anything unless you the witness are willing to go to court having made an official statement of complaint and are willing to stand up and give evidence as to what you seen. which when it comes down to it most people are not.

Sorry overdriver, i have no idea what your on about LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wow, a lot of rage in this thread.

There was a program on BBC about a young driver that was full of rage and constantly roaring and beeping at people in cars. An example was if people didn't move when the lights turn green with the reaction speeds of Fernando Alonso, he's be swearing and beeping.

They got him to walk down a busy street, a bit like Grafton St, or Shop ST, Galway. Of course people walked across him, slower than him, brushed past him but he never got angry as it was just different people going at different speeds.

He then had to apply this to his driving and calmed down considerably. It's easy to sit in a car and be brave and roar at someone but people don't do this to a stranger in a footpath.

So relax people...I drive a motorbike and am far more vunerable than any car user but have had no road rage incidents yet. :)

Edit: I know you have a right to be defensive if someone puts your life in danger but for simple stuff like stalling at lights or going 10km per hour below the limit there's no need to go mad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I experienced road rage this morning.....after dropping my parents to the Airport, was coming back the M50 Northbound. From the M1 interchange all the way to the Blanchardstown exit, some idiot in his BMW 5-series sat in the overtaking lane with a Megane up his ass trying to get by(the BMW was not doin 120kph and had ample opportunities to move over to the driving lane as there wasn't much traffic). I got really annoyed when the knob driving the Beemer put his hand out the window and gestured to the Megane to back off. At which point I dived up the inside, pulled up parallel to the Beemer and held my hand on the horn :mad: No response from the BMW driver. So anyway I left the motorway at the Blanchardstown exit, at which point the Megane driver went to undertake the BMW, and all of a sudden the BMW driver decides to very slowly move back into the driving lane! :eek: I wish I had have taken the BMW drivers registation and reported him for dangerous driving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement