Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Refusal/ICB Report Shows Nothing

• 26-04-2007 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hello All,
    Can anybody give me any general advice? I was refused a personal loan thru Tesco recently. They gave me no reason but suggested I obtain a report from the ICB. The ICB report came back stating "no data found". Is this a good thing or a bad thing??
    Also is it worth me trying again from another institution??
    bijou

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No data found doesn't sound too good..have you asked the ICB for more information?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

BuffyBot wrote:
    No data found doesn't sound too good..have you asked the ICB for more information?
    No I haven't - should I? I was surprised to get this response from the ICB as I have a CR Card in my name and and a mortgage with my other half both with no arrears on them.

Certainly can't hurt to ask. If you have financial products, they should find something for you I could imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Thanks BuffyBot
    I'll give them a call. Do you think I should hold back on applying elsewhere until I've had a response from the ICB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 hollyh123

what was the outcome of the loan refusal and icb data report?

hollyh123 wrote: »
    what was the outcome of the loan refusal and icb data report?

As this thread is almost a decade old, I'm not sure you'll get an answer :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement